some bugs

Ishad Nha

It could be, but it would only hide the bug. Getting one each tick is annoying, so it provides more incentive for us to fix it. Plus it is clear the actor is probably invisible during that stance, so it's the second worst kind of animation bug after crashing.

Trying to open inventory containers (Potion bags, gem bags, Bags of Holding) causes the game to freeze completely, this is the log commentary:

[Python/ERROR]: Traceback (most recent call last):

[Python/ERROR]: File "./GUIScripts\InventoryCommon.py", line 769, in OpenItemW

indow

[Python/ERROR]: ResRef = slot_item['ItemResRef']

[Python/ERROR]: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

I am not sure if it is all containers or only some of them. It is true for both SoA and ToB.

Not enough upload allowance left for the save game.

Hi people,

first of all - you are doing a hell of a work here. Bugs are logicaly common in such immense project and I have one related to this topic to report.

I have HTC Desire X with latest Android upgrade and latest GemRB version (which is 0.8.0-git-1b488a-touch7) and everything works wonderfully, except four things (three of them minor, one major problem). I am terribly sorry If I wrote something already reported, but I was going through this forum and haven't find those things.

minor 1 - when creating new character and trying to move its stat points (lover strength, higher int, and things like that), quite often happens to me, that when touching the + or - it will also totally reroll all stats. Not a deal breaker that I am avoiding by creation of char on PC and then just import him in my mobile.

minor 2 - when saving game appears the software keyboard. When I wrote save game name and hit the enter on software keyboard, it will save absolutely properly, except that small screen capture that is seen to the left on the savegame. With the software keyboard it is pure black with only the rings under character currently seen on screen. With software keyboard hidden and saving by clicking on save, the picture is all black again just with those rings. Not a problem at all, just noticed :)

minor 3 - I can't get the mouse showed (even though my device is strictly touchscreen, I miss the info that appeared in 0.7.2 when I let the mouse above some NPC char or enemy mob (I mean its name and health). I tried setting the MouseFeedback= both on 0 and on 3 and nothing changed at all. Am I doing it the right way?

major 4 - open the item description is done by taping that item and at the same time somewhere else (so two touches at the same time, in 0.7.2 also worked taping the item first and keeping my finger on it and then tap somewhere else, which probably works also in 0.8.0). It probably works in this version too, because I hear the sound of the scrool, but the scroll with description never shows. which is quite a huge problem. Was it somehow solved already or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any and every advice ;)

and one more thanks for the wonderful job you are doing :)

Thyrus

we have repeatedly stated mouse cursors dont yet work in the SDL2 video driver. they will come back eventually.

tap and hold to get a right click for item descriptions etc. (currently wonky, but fixed in source)

Edit: save screenshots are fixed now. thanks for reporting. I cannot replicate your other issue, sorry. maybe the touch input fixes I did today will fix this for you; try it in the next build.

Trying to open inventory containers (Potion bags, gem bags, Bags of Holding) causes the game to freeze completely, this is the log commentary:

[Python/ERROR]: File "./GUIScripts\InventoryCommon.py", line 769, in OpenItemW

indow

I am not sure if it is all containers or only some of them. It is true for both SoA and ToB.

Not enough upload allowance left for the save game.

completely unable to replicate

That is good for the game, I will just use the console.

Edit:

Downloads of GemRB may be higher than they appear. I downloaded v8.0.49 and the page still shows 0 downloads. (I am a total nobody or an unperson?).

Does it only register a download if you are logged in?

While further progress in IWD2 is blocked I will have a go at Epic Endeavors.

Completed all of the first level apart from the area that is Ellesime's bedroom in BG2. This mod is different. When you see an Ogre, cast Resist Fire on someone and send them forward alone. Said PC will aoak up all the nastiness from the Ogre's crossbow bolts, which cast Fireball.

Mod starts with assigned NPCs, one of them is a Halfling Fighter/Thief named Maztica. She has thief skill points spread all over the place, she is all things to all people and nothing to anyone, it is like an Aesop fable. Hence her Open Lock and Find Traps skills are not maxed out, she fumbles all too many traps. She wiped out half the party when she did not detect an Ice Storm trap. I used a hex editor to concentrate all of her points in the Open Lock and Find Traps skills. Now she usually gets it right with traps.

Scrolls have a hit or miss performance in setting global variables, fortunately this can be done via the in-game console.

Completed the first two missions easily enough, now I am doing the third.

Edit:

Icewind Dale 2 is now functional in the northeast of map AR4000, so I will have to stop testing this mod and go back to IWD2.

we have repeatedly stated mouse cursors dont yet work in the SDL2 video driver. they will come back eventually.

tap and hold to get a right click for item descriptions etc. (currently wonky, but fixed in source)

Edit: save screenshots are fixed now. thanks for reporting. I cannot replicate your other issue, sorry. maybe the touch input fixes I did today will fix this for you; try it in the next build.

Hi, thanks for response. I have finally logged in after a wek or so, and tried new version you were talking about. Sorry for my first question, I have just thought that when the option of mouse is in cfg, then it is already solved :) my fault, sorry for that :)

The first and second problem (character creation and save game screenshots) are solved and now it works like charm (although save game screens are capturing also the black bottom window with text information, which the game originally never did. Nevertheless this is sooooo minor I just wanted to note it here :) ), thank you guys a million times and even more :)

Last mentioned problem with item descriptions solved as well :) I tried tap and hold in last version and nothing, but in new build it works like charm :) again, you are amazing :) but with this problem and character creation problem solved, one minor issue appeared to me - buttons are working as they are supposed to, there is just missing the ''pushed button'' effect. I.E. when I tap for example New Game, then the New Game appears but the button on which I clicked before that did not move. This is both menu and ingame problem. However it is again really minor and only visual defect that do not anyhow interfere with gameplay :)

Those were just observation reports based on quite long testing (few hours of gameplay) I wanted to share :) and again thanks for fixing the touch input, now it is trully wonderful

I cant make sense of any of your "problems", maybe I dont understand what you are saying.

it is *not* a bug/defect that buttons dont push down, remember right click is a tap and hold and we employ multitouch gestures so it is impossible for us to know the context of your touch until rc delay/finger motion/finger up, and so buttons wont ever push down sorry this is a problem for you.

game screens are capturing also the black bottom window with text information

I cant reproduce this. tell me how so i can fix it.

please report any bugs with touch input here

I was loading BG2 save games from last October, when I found that opening containers in the save games frequently causes the game to freeze, here is the traceback:

[Python/ERROR]: File "./GUIScripts\InventoryCommon.py", line 769, in OpenItemWindow

You must apparently be careful where you click the Open Container button, I aim for the right side of it, well away from the Cancel button, it opens normally. By contrast clicking on the left of the button causes the total freeze of the game.

Archived