some bugs

Ishad Nha

The downstairs part of the Vampire lair proved to crash every time the party tried to enter.

Solution:

use ExploreArea() in the console

a few monsters come to attack the party, let them do so

then Protagonist goes in alone.

Graveyard was properly cleaned out.

Used console to get into Pirate hideout AR0310, it did not crash. By contrast, trying to enter from the pub led to a crash every time.

In another fight, Anomen the Cleric was held by his own Hold Person spell! This seems not to be part of the original game.

Habib the flaky scimitar-wielding Thief harrassed the party. At the conclusion of this, Jaheira had two magical scimitars equipped, variety: SW1H56. Inventory page showed no weapon graphics, it also showed four quick weapon slots, not the usual two. There was no way that I could unequip the scimitars or equip new weapons. Dispel Magic did not work, even when cast by Keldorn the Inquisitor. Ctrl + R did nothing. Then I had Jaheira cast Flame Blade, I let the spell expire normally, at the end of the spell the situation had mercifully returned to normal.

AR0302, crashed every time we went near the counter/bar. Enemies were killed with spells and ranged attacks, level cleared. Protagonist used melee a couple of times. Problem with crashing on the entry level may have been due to enemies all standing in the one place.

All of the Shadow Thief quests are done.

I thought my game was patched! Wonder what has gone on here?

Killer Mimic held half the party instantly and at range too.

Latest annoyance, Jaheira is dragged off by Meronia. Party rests, and after that, she turns up really unfriendly, JaheiraP.dlg, state 73, String 61171:

"So. Your darker desires win over you fully. I have seen enough. Should we meet again it shall be as opponents and naught else, <CHARNAME>."

Problem seems not to come from killing Ertof Dand and his friends, who wanted to kill Jaheira and the entire party.

In another fight, Anomen the Cleric was held by his own Hold Person spell! This seems not to be part of the original game.

SPPR208 has the projectile "HOLD". Question is, does it have a "target only enemies" flag set or not.

I'm pretty sure GemRB honours that flag, but as this is an original projectile, I cannot be sure your version has this flag set.

This can be easily determined, load the hold projectile in dltcep, and check the area extension.

Hold.pro (190): It seems not to affect allies ever. I checked the Area Extension Header and the "target only enemies" flag was set.

It is a Gem issue or it is a problem with my installation. (Installation itself or one of my mods?)

Check whether it is an issue on your installation of GemRB or not.

Equipping Anomen with the Shield of Harmony +2 may be the way to go, it gives immunity to hold effects.

Jaheira is dragged off by Meronia. Party rests and after that, she turns up really unfriendly:

JaheiraP.dlg, state 72, String 61170:

I would have expected better from you, <CHARNAME>! You have let yourself fall too far... and I will accompany you no further. We will not meet again.

She leaves of her own free will, does she feel kicked out? Apparently the answer is yes, as a test, I replaced her with Valygar and I immediately got the same dialog exactly.

It might be a problem from the Unfinished Business mod, I could see what happens if I remove the mods on my install.

Edit:

It was not the mods, both were removed, a new game was started and still the caster was held by his own spell.

I am using the "GemRB-nmake-vs6-v0.7.0-709-g611f141.zip" version.

hold is definitely broken like that (plus the height offset bug of its symbol) and a similar thing happens with psionic blast, though it is possible it uses a different hold opcode.

What Avenger meant earlier is that your game is not fixpacked, the patch itself is irrelevant here. Both the g3 and baldurdash fixpack remove this issue.

Fixpack I will look into.

I was not using the latest build. I will start a new purely GemRB game with that and see which problems go away.

(Latest build has many instances of text on buttons being lower than it should be, hence mostly illegible. But it is not all buttons?)

the g3 fixpack is the standard thing to install right after the game itself, it's odd that you haven't heard about it yet.

haven't seen any button issues — you'll have to be more specific than that.

It is an 800x600 issue. On 640x480 there is no problem that I can see.

I will see if I can fix it myself. (So far no luck.)

Problem was my settings, problem went away when I changed that.

GUIEnhancements = 15, if it is bit manipulation, what do the 1,2,4,8 numbers mean?

Not all items show their names at the top of their information screens.

Names of save games not appearing in the Save or Load screens. Exceptions: Auto Save and Quick Save.

Apart from that it seems okay.

hold is definitely broken like that (plus the height offset bug of its symbol) and a similar thing happens with psionic blast, though it is possible it uses a different hold opcode.

Opcode has no significance here, this is a projectile issue (HOLD.PRO), if anything. There are a lot of projectiles that use party only / enemy only and i tested this in the past. I would be happy if someone finds the exact problem.

Archived