some bugs

Ishad Nha

That is clearly disfunctional.

Finished the first dungeon level, everything going smoothly.

Thief skills dialog screen, holding down the + button does not cause the continual increase of skill points for a given Thief skill, but holding it down while moving the mouse side to side does. Especially useful when you have a couple of hundred points to allocate.

Out of the starter dungeon, did the Circus quest. Cast a few Mage spells in the Slums but no Cowled Enforcers showed up.

Stores missing the names of the items in the usual store display, thankfully you can still right-click and see what it does

Maybe there is a problem with my settings. The game generally plays quite smoothly, you would not normally know that it was not the original. These problems were not found in the version: GemRB-nmake-vc10-v0.7.0-2-g8b1f3fa

Copper Coronet cleared.

Sometimes the treasure is only indicated by a few blue pixels when you press Alt. Treasure icons are beneath monster corpse icons...

For whatever reason, at the Keep Nalia was found at: X=1112, Y=2022, which is well away from her normal position, roughly [X=751,y=3229]. I was able to alter the save file to correct this. Offsets 71,668 thru 71,671 contained the x,y coordinates, values were little-endian: 239,02 and 157,12. (Infinity Explorer reported her exact position after which I was able to track down the offsets in the save file.)

Finshed the Slaver Compound, now I am cleaning out the Keep. Everything going smoothly.

Problem with Thief skills dialog screen: holding down the + button does not cause the continual increase of skill points for a given Thief skill, may have come from my settings. It is no longer there.

Keep cleaned out, now doing the MaeVar quests.

Got the 15,000 Gold, Brus appeared and told me to go to Gaelan's place. Party did that and there was no trace of Gaelan anywhere! I used the CreateCreature function and he appeared. He started off with the initial Chapter Two dialog, not what was needed. I ended the conversation and then had the protagonist speak to him again. This time the dialog was up to date and things worked out.

Unfinished Business is causing trouble.

WWCut.bcs, this lead to the cutscene not ending:

IF

InParty(Player6)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId(Player6)

Wait(2)

MoveToPointNoInterrupt([531.453])

END

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Wait(5)

EndCutSceneMode()

END

This worked out:

IF

InParty(Player6)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId(Player6)

Wait(2)

MoveToPointNoInterrupt([531.453])

Wait(5)

EndCutSceneMode()

END

Now area WWPets is crashing.

It is not a problem with a version of GemRB from last December, it is only a problem with the current June 16 version..

Now the original program may have decreed EndCutSceneMode() when there was a CutSceneMode() in place but there were no further actions pending. I had to add EndCutSceneMode() to the end of WWSmet.bcs, otherwise the cutscene never ended.

I just skipped the cutscenes, they are only part of a mod. Now onto MaeVar quests.

MaeVar quests all done. Vampires all eliminated from Bodhi's lair. So far everything is going smoothly, no crashes to be seen...

Cache is accumulating junk, it is not being emptied after I quit the program. This is the June 14 version that I am using.

Lassal did not come to the upper level of Bodhi's lair when he was supposed to. I stopped the program, cleared the cache and restarted GemRB, he was there alright.

Problem with Thief skills dialog screen: holding down the + button does not cause the continual increase of skill points for a given Thief skill, may have come from my settings. It is no longer there.

no this was a real bug. lynx mentioned a few posts above that it had been fixed :p

In the June 14 version the Cache is NEVER cleared. Problem with my settings?

Unseeing Eye quest done, ditto the Umar Hills/Ruined Temple quest. Mostly going quite smooth. Problems are apparently mostly coming from the Unfinished Business mod or the cache.

Save game files had a problem with the name not showing in the Save or Load dialogs, this is due to the names containing spaces or full stops.

It wiped my cache. I just did: touch xxx, ls, xxx is there, started gemrb, xxx file gone.

If the cache isn't cleared, it is INDEED a problem.

That can mess up saved games totally (if you have area/store files in the cache).

bam or other files that are not saved won't usually cause a problem, unless they are corrupted somehow.

>Magic draining attack of the Nishruu gives a scroll 0 charges, unequipping and re-equipping the scroll restores it. Funniness with potions too, a stack of potions is shown as 0 charges regardless of the situation.

Do you know how this works in original? Would it simply destroy the scroll?

0 charges on scroll shouldn't destroy it, so we should destroy the scroll in the nishruu effect.

I imagine Nishruu does destroy items in the original version, I will have to check that.

Need a simple pinned link, in this forum, to the latest version of GemRB. Something where we don't need to navigate Sourceforge.

Enabling the multiplayer-style selection of PCs in GemRB:

(1) Alter the area file for AR0602 and insert the creature.

(2) Alter the script in an area of AR0602 to create a creature. (Tele0603.bcs is a good script to alter, nearest portal is right near the start of the game. You could display text like: DisplayString(Myself,51078) // You have released a lost soul.) Trigger would be: !InParty("cre"). Once the NPC was in the party, no more versions of him would be created. Once all custom NPCs had been created, the portal would go back to being simple portal.

Level 1 NPCs mod could be used to create an official Bioware NPC with the desired class, then take the resulting Cre file and rename it. After that, update the file in the areas of name and appearance. Give him a brief dialog that only deals with joining the party.

Trademeet stuff done.

Jaheira has been gone nine days now, after being summoned by Meronia, is that too long? I don't know how to check the timers.

Idea of creating custom NPCs via a script seems to work in actual practice. Here the code creates the two PCs then it becomes inactive and the rest of the script functions normally.

IF

Clicked([ANYONE])

Global("GemRBCreatePC","AR0602",0)

!PartyHasItem("MISC4G") // Portal Key

Range(LastTrigger,9)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DisplayString(Myself,51078) // You have released a lost soul.

CreateCreature("INCORAN",[-1.-1],14)

SetGlobal("GemRBCreatePC","AR0602",1)

END

IF

Clicked([ANYONE])

Global("GemRBCreatePC","AR0602",1)

!PartyHasItem("MISC4G") // Portal Key

Range(LastTrigger,9)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DisplayString(Myself,51078) // You have released a lost soul.

CreateCreature("INSAFA",[-1.-1],14)

SetGlobal("GemRBCreatePC","AR0602",2)

END

InCoran is my version of C6Coran, ditto InSafa is a custom version of Safana. I tried !InParty("INCORAN"), this does not work as a shut-off trigger, in practice. I gave InCoran Yoshimo's dialog as a stopgap until I can create something new.

Once created the PCs seem to function properly.

Archived