New Divine Spells for v4

Is it possible to make Resurrection (or even Raise Dead) bring back characters who died irreversibly ("exploded" to chunks)?

If not, can that "chunking" be prevented entirely? I have the SCS "Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" component, but Dragon Breath seems to bypass it...

Is it possible to make Resurrection (or even Raise Dead) bring back characters who died irreversibly ("exploded" to chunks)?

If not, can that "chunking" be prevented entirely? I have the SCS "Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" component, but Dragon Breath seems to bypass it...

The chunking can be removed from the game by setting the Gore setting to off in the gameplay options menu. Or by setting the Memory Level -variable in the baldur.ini to zero, aka:

Memory Level=0

One could probably also set the resurrection spell to be dialog based... but that's unfun to do as you also need to somehow detect who is dead. It goes off the wall and you could just use the non-gore option to bypass the whole problem.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

BTW, what does Memory Level do other than disable chunking?

As far as I can tell, the gore option that is the Memory Level setting refers in-game has no other effects, unless I am badly mistaken.

The fate spirit logic... yeah, it's the basic structure all the ToB included NPC mods kinda need to extend. Add one after a Spell Revision mod, a mod that removes and overwrites other spell ... and you got a miles of open space called the house of cards, the domino effect, and other fields of destructive science... and a faint whisper of (N)oooo...

The chunking can be removed from the game by setting the Gore setting to off in the gameplay options menu. Or by setting the Memory Level -variable in the baldur.ini to zero, aka:

Memory Level=0

You'll prevent exploding chunks, but characters will still die permanently (portrait dissapears) to massive damage anyway. There's no way around it, other than playing on easiest difficulty setting since it massively reduces the damage you take. Normal could also work, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for clarifying kreso. This brings back the question of a dialog-based Resurrection spell that can bring back anyone... any thoughts?

I feel confident that something like this would work. I don't know much about npcs, but I imagine globals get set when a given npc joins (or, a mod could ensure that they are). And, when they leave the party for any reason, that global gets reset. Then the dialog could check the global, and not InParty(O:Object*) for the actual npc, and then give the option to 'resurrect' them. I'm sure other details would have to be worked out as well...

Thanks for clarifying kreso. This brings back the question of a dialog-based Resurrection spell that can bring back anyone... any thoughts?

I feel confident that something like this would work. I don't know much about npcs, but I imagine globals get set when a given npc joins (or, a mod could ensure that they are). And, when they leave the party for any reason, that global gets reset. Then the dialog could check the global, and not InParty(O:Object*) for the actual npc, and then give the option to 'resurrect' them. I'm sure other details would have to be worked out as well...

They should get "re-created", not only ressurected. GL with that....

I've never looked. Wouldn't a party NPC get a Global "spriteisdead" set, just like any other CRE with a death variable? Could just check that.

Good point, but sometimes you kill an npc that has left the party, don't you? Good fun!

Edit: Kreso, yes, they would have to be recreated. But the global can increment with their level, so you at least get them at the right level. Kiss any tome granted attributes goodbye, I suppose.

Edit2: unless there is something that I'm not aware of (having never created an npc mod). I understand that there are some hardcoded issues with Yoshimo, hence the mod...

Edited by Grammarsalad

Hi Demi,

I have been looking through this topic again, and I was wondering if you are still planning to implement some of the cool spells mentioned here. In particular I liked Frost Fingers and Tortoise Shell.

Are there still many spells left, that you want to include, but haven't implemented yet?