NPC Romance MOD Opinions

Warning: this mod contains references to foreplay and genitalia :p

On a serious note, I never intended there to be any tones of an S&M relationship beyond the playful biting of the lip. I can't say I remember writing her hitting the player (beyond after some particularly cruel break-up options).

In one of the flirt options, after the PC squeezes Tyris' behind, she turns around and hits him. Then she giggles, kisses the PC, and says "What's the matter, lover? Never heard of mixing pain and pleasure? Well, you certainly have something to look forward to this evening..."

It's not blatantly screaming "break out the whips, honey!", but it does indicate or suggest a sort of S&M thing going on. I figured it was worth mentioning.

Seems like a great, well written mod, though. No criticism or offense is intended.

I can edit the review to take out the S&M portion if you want. Just say the word.

Warning: this mod contains references to foreplay and genitalia :p

On a serious note, I never intended there to be any tones of an S&M relationship beyond the playful biting of the lip. I can't say I remember writing her hitting the player (beyond after some particularly cruel break-up options).

In one of the flirt options, after the PC squeezes Tyris' behind, she turns around and hits him. Then she giggles, kisses the PC, and says "What's the matter, lover? Never heard of mixing pain and pleasure? Well, you certainly have something to look forward to this evening..."

It's not blatantly screaming "break out the whips, honey!", but it does indicate or suggest a sort of S&M thing going on. I figured it was worth mentioning.

Seems like a great, well written mod, though. No criticism or offense is intended.

I can edit the review to take out the S&M portion if you want. Just say the word.

Heh, I honestly can't remember writing that (was a while ago!). And don't worry about it. Everyone's entitled to an opinion :)

Just a note: I've released Skie BG2 and the mod includes a mini-romance with charname. It should be fun and it's for everyone so no perversive stuff etc :p My next mod should include perversion :p But no dwarves... sorry...

It's just one word and I somehow don't find it strong enough to mark it "teen/adult" content. Same goes for flees.

@91 = ~(Skie quickly draws closer and whispers)~

@92 = ~My period's just started...~

...and that's all in the subject.

Well, she was supposed to be ridiculous. It's not a priestress of Sune who wasn't aware of love she had, she isn't an avariel warrior. She's just a girl who would rather panic because of flees and who would like to change her boyfriend's hairdo or even paint his nails - still you can always say no in the dialogues and I think that's nothing uncommon. There was even a funny story about a guy who had his foot nails painted by his girlfriend (after hours of begging) and then he had an accident. Workers of the hospital were quite surprised. You just can't take everything so seriously. And not the whole mod is about that kind of stuff, but just few dialogues. Her dream about becoming a designer isn't really strange.

Sometimes I write serious stuff and sometimes I write less typical stuff like Skie or Swylif who hates lettuce and there's nothing wrong about it.

Sorry to butt in on this small off-topic of yours, but this topic has kinda irked me for a longer while, so I have to :p

Over half the human population gets a period. It's ridiculous when people try to put a shame-tag on it. And then there are poor girls who can't go to the drugstore and buy pads/tampons because they're too ashamed of the most natural thing happening to their bodies. And men who will tell their girlfriend to never speak of it because it makes them feel insecure or other bs. Just wonderful.

I get that some characters and/or people can be those super-touchy kind and I try to respect that (with difficulties, admittedly, when it comes to humans [written characters are of course another thing]), but that is no reason at all to criticize this mod like this and to call it creepy is just silly :p There are creepy things in this world that people do and that are not evil or harmful to anyone. I've seen them, I've heard about them. And seriously, painting a man's nails is a creepy fetish? I wonder what you'd say about those other things :D Wikipedia "fetish" if you want a mild pre-taste.

Agreed 100% that there's absolutely nothing creepy about menstruation, and it's a topic I certainly wouldn't mind seeing from a female NPC if it were handled maturely.

On the other hand, I'm not overly thrilled with the dialogue myself, more because I find it offensive than because it's creepy. Sure, Skie is supposed to be ridiculous, but by treating menstruation as the butt of a joke, you're just capitalizing on the stigma for the sake of a laugh. If the conversation were expanded, maybe this could be avoided, but I don't like the implication that a woman is ridiculous for complaining about her period.

I have similar problems with how lightly pregnancy is treated later on, but Bioware is guilty of that as well with Aerie to a lesser degree.

Thanks, girls!

And actually I do agree with you Rhaella - I was wondering about it some time ago. I wrote this mod like in the beginning of 2008 and now I wouldn't be so sure if I should include a dialogue like that, but keep in mind that it has been 4.5 years ago. There's nothing wrong in period - however sometimes girls are a bit touchy when it comes, but hey - it's ok. My cousin always get really irritated when it's the time but we just joke about it :) However I am aware that the offensive interpretation may appear and I'm sorry for it. Those who play the mod may realize that even though Skie is really childish and spoiled, she's also a good girl who may be scared etc, but she always loved her parents, who are dead, but she still wants to remember about them. Eveyone can be moody, everyone can be irritated, but it does not mean she's a caricature or some kind of stupid girl. Sometimes she's silly, sometimes she's scared, but she's also a great adventurer :)

Also we should remember that even if a female character is bahing like Skie, it does not mean every girl is like that! There are male versions of Skie in this world :)

Being that I am in my mid 30's and still single, I admit that I am not an authority when it comes to romances, but I don't see anything wrong with Lava's version of Skie. To me, it is just lighthearted fun. Sure Lava's version of her displays qualities that might not be as favorable, but I don't think that she is meant to be the all encompassing representation of all woman. Just his take on Skie.

Anyways, when you are going out with a girl like Skie Silvershield, you probably would need a manicure and nicely brushed hair, as grooming and public appearances are very important to the nobility. And is it wrong for a woman to want to save her man time by doing his nails so that he could look good while killing orcs?

Archived