Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wandering_ivie

Install error with Banters, Quests and Interjections

Recommended Posts

I'm getting the following error message, when installing the component "Banters, Quests, and Interjections"

 

"

...

[bG1NPG/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 34 column 1-35

Near Text: >

[DisplayStringNoNameHead] not found in ACTION.IDS

 

[bG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF] ERROR at line 34 column 1-35

Near Text: >

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error

Stopping installation because of error.

 

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 499 files for BG1NPC.TP2] component 1.

Uninstalled 499 files for BG1NPC.TP2] component 1.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Using Language [English]

"

Since getting this error I've discovered the optimal install order, and plan on doing a clean uninstall and reinstall in that order, which may help. I have installed Tutu and this mod on previous computers and not had this issue, though I have never used the newest form of easyTutu, so I may have messed something up there.

 

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong or what to do to fix this?

 

Also, I tried to attach the debug file but apparently that isn't allowed, if having that would help, let me know where to submit it ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
[DisplayStringNoNameHead] not found in ACTION.IDS

This action, DisplayStringNoNameHead, is only available in Throne of Bhaal. BG2 Fixpack doesn't add it to ACTION.IDS either, so I believe this action really is ToB specific.

 

Do you have ToB installed on your computer? Did you have it on other computers?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to have to repair that for folks who don't have ToB.

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone ever solved this? I'm having the same problem and I have installed and patched everything according to the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post

This should be easy to fix, and since it's not fixed yet, I'll insert the code that can fix it, hoping that it can be used by those who need it, aka SoA Tutu players:

 

APPEND ~Action.ids~ ~262 DisplayStringNoName(O:Object*,I:StrRef*)~ UNLESS ~262 DisplayStringNoName(O:Object*,I:StrRef*)~
APPEND ~Action.ids~ ~346 DisplayStringNoNameHead(O:Object*,I:StrRef*)~ UNLESS~ ~346 DisplayStringNoNameHead(O:Object*,I:StrRef*)~

 

The best way to apply the fix probably is to open the bg1npc.tp2 file, go to line ~1680, you should see this:

/* BEGIN PHASE I BG1NPC PROJECT */
BEGIN @1007
  GROUP @1006
  REQUIRE_FILE ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ @1004 /* BG1 NPC Required Changes component is not installed. */
   COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3~
   COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase2.G3~

Add the above code after all that and save it.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...