Pen and Paper style Dual-Classing

Ishad Nha

yeah, extra scrollbars are easy. We have them on the kit window, since there wasn't a need before for the class one. When I created the sorcerer/monk and sorcerer/monk/cleric, I definitely didn't think about this at all.

I did look at the GUI stuff at the time, but I didn't really know what I was looking at. I might have another bash at it. I probably need to get the latest gemRB and re-familiarise myself with it first. Adding one class doesn't require a scrollbar, but more than one and there's not space.

Item restrictions would have to be done a different way (eg. more fields, an external table or whatever ees do if they addressed it).

Yeah, I'm not sure how you would do this easily. I guess you have the power to do things like make more fields, but I don't know how much effort that would be. I would have thought it would be simpler just to have base class flags and rules for combining them, but you have some odd combos (Cleric/Druid ban items, whereas Wizard allows items, so it's not as simple as just taking the union or intersection of what's allowed by your base classes).

Scribing scrolls should also be simple to fix, though I can't think of anything currently blocking a hypothetical druid/mage from doing so. We actually check for class, not spellbook type (a small fixme actually), for sorcerer-style learners.

Hmm. This was quite a long time ago, now, so I forget. I seem to remember that this was one of my issues, though.

For proficiencies it would be best to implement the ee approach — another effect that you then add to items. It's not really practical for class mods though, since you'd have to add the effect to all the items you don't want to be available.

You could ban whole item types; that's the only thing easy for the modder that comes to mind.

Archived