Nonobsolete Android builds & Installing GemRB on your Android device

rmtew

grab the fresher (~200 revisions old) market-like build here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Other%20Binaries/android/gemrb-0.7.2-576-g398d3a1-build-2.apk/download

it has no support for custom fonts and maybe more. SDL 1.3.

OR grab the latest gemrb apk from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Other%20Binaries/android/gemrb-0.7.2-785-g2be1fd4.apk

It has everything from gemrb included, but no custom SDL options and bg2 demo downloader. SDL2, which means better touch input support, but also a bit worse performance.

NOTE: Due to performance issues, it is recommended to chose a resolution that

keeps the aspect ratio of your screen but does not equal your native resolution.

Direct your gratitude towards miha and psch! :)

Thanks a lot lynx, miha and psch :thumbsup: ! BG2 works so far with gemrb-0.7.2-576-g398d3a1-build-2.apk on my nexus 7 but unfortunately I've encountered one severe problem: my settings aren't saved anymore. Whenever I look into the gem-baldur.ini after playing every setting is set to zero. When i change this manually, the setting works for the next start but is reset again after closing gemrb. Any ideas?

And I have another question: how can i install the newer apk? Do i need other folders? The apk alone doesn't work for me. A small tutorial would be great!

Thanks again for your awesome work and support!

You mean that if you:

1. change the file manually

2. start a gemrb game

3. close it without changing any options

the values in the file get destroyed? I know we have a problem somewhere, since it was reported for windows too, but it seems to work fine on linux and mac. Also, a minor rewrite of this code has happened since those builds, but I'm not sure it would affect this.

Archived