Nonobsolete Android builds & Installing GemRB on your Android device

rmtew

It works so far if i change the settings manually and don't touch the options ingame afterwards. But unfortunately some values aren' t working (for example 'tooltips') or are missing completely in the gem-baldur.ini (for example 'attack sounds')when i add them manuaaly they aren't working either. I wonder if the latest apk lynx posted has solved this issues. I don't know how to install it properly.

okay i unterstand...it's nothing gamebreaking fortunately. Nonetheless i would like to try the newest apk but i don't get it to work on my nexus 7. I surely missed something. I just installed the apk but it closes immediately after start. Do i need to download other parts/folders?

Try with the other one. IWD2 has a playable prologue currently and while chapter 1 works too, you'd have to be an excellent powergamer to beat it at level 1 (coupled with tougher spawns in that build).

I don't know if this is still the best place to post about this, but since I found it I would guess others will end up here too. I finally got BG working on my GS4 last night, and wanted to put my 2 cents out there for others.

I tried using the newer 0.8.0 versions of gemRB from sourceforge, but had a lot of strange video effects like portions of the video being repeated in multiple places on the screen (kindof like being in a funhouse with mirrors all around) and the start screen of the game being shifted down and to the right so that parts of it (including the accept button on the character generation screen) were cut off. Once in the game the bottom part of the GUI including the party formations buttons and spells and weapons buttons and the character portraits on the right were missing. Also conversation boxes were all messed up, and I couldn't get to the 'end conversation' button to leave a convo after starting.

I finally went back to using the version from the market (0.7.0 I think) and the stock version of the game (without widescreen mod) at 640x480 to get it working. My gemRB.cfg file points to the game folder I created on my external sd card (/mnt/extSdCard/Games/bg1) where I copied the game files. (I did not copy the game right in to the folder where gemRB is installed.) I haven't played it much yet, so I don't know what bugs I might run in to with my current setup.

(Just for informational purposes I can actually get the game to work properly using the newest 0.8.0 version but there is a distracting graphical problem in the game that bugs me too bad to keep it. The side bars are not black, they have a repeated portion of the game screen in them.)

Archived