Version 21 of Sword Coast Stratagems II released

Hi there! :)

Wanted to report that installing SCS #5000 (Smarter General AI) along with SCSII #6000 (same thing :p) seems to give lots of thieves a double Invisibility effect. Also, I checked out the code in genai.tph and the intention seems to be to leave mod-added thieves alone... But the doubling effect applies to mostly mod-added thieves in my game :( (a thievy encounter from Dark Horizons was the one that made me try to check out why they seemed to have permanent invisibility :p)

The CREs in question: CMBOU08.CRE, CMBOU09.CRE and CMBOU10.CRE

Also should mention a nice little 'SCS' moment I had in my game: A bunch of Hobgoblins surrounded Minsc and Viconia walked up, trying to cast Minor Heal on him... she was promptly foiled when the Hobgoblin closest to her decided to whale on her instead of Minsc, mucho impressive! :D (Level 3 party btw :p)

Hi there! :)

Wanted to report that installing SCS #5000 (Smarter General AI) along with SCSII #6000 (same thing :p) seems to give lots of thieves a double Invisibility effect. Also, I checked out the code in genai.tph and the intention seems to be to leave mod-added thieves alone... But the doubling effect applies to mostly mod-added thieves in my game :( (a thievy encounter from Dark Horizons was the one that made me try to check out why they seemed to have permanent invisibility :p)

This is the kind of irritating doubling-up that means v22 will combine SCS and SCSII.

I'm pleased to hear my hobgoblins know their business!

Hi,

I am using SCS2 v21 and just wanted to report a few things. First of all, in my game, Haegan still stands around like an idiot until you attack him. But the more importaint thing is Planar prison. I remember this prison being different in version v19. First of all, when i enter there are some extra prisoners who attack me ( not that i mind ) and many enemies seem to be moving around. For instance the battle with yuan-ti on far right was easier because they came after me when i was fighting that mage on the right (the one next to that thingy with which you destroy the gem). Maybe that is better calling for help. The problem with everyone moving around ( and new enemies spawning ) is that there seem to be traps which they sprung. Here are 2 screenshots:

ja1.jpg

ja2.jpg

I was just wondering, is this normal behaviour ? Wyvern moving soo far away ? Enemies changing places ? Traps ? He usualy dies because of the traps anyway ... i am going to load to a previous save and go do some other quests, or better yet, study some linear algebra for my exam, until then i hope you will be able to give me a reply.

Btw, once more, what a great mod you made, its amazing how this game has something new to offer even after i completed it soo many times ...

edit: i think i figured out where the problem lies. There is a trap near haerdalis and his gang, trap that will petrify you. And since everyone seems to be wondering around the prison, occasionaly they stumble upon the trap. Because they are moving around certain dialogs are a bit funny, for instance on bottom right where a mage talks to you, she also talks to a female thrall which is quite a bit away from her, soo during dialog they are talking to eachother even though they are like on the other side of prison. I hope you can help with this and save my game. :)

I added my WeiDU log (had to replace.log with .txt else it wouldnt attach), i did a normal install SoA, TOB, TOB patch, BG2 fixpack, BG2 tweakpack(only 100% to learn new spells component), SCS2, widescreen mod and then Generalised Biffing.

WeiDU.txt

Edited by goblinsly

It would appear that i found the reason. Script has this written in:

IF

!See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("seencloud","LOCALS")

GlobalTimerNotExpired("whatthe","LOCALS")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

RandomWalkContinuous()

END

If i delete this alltogether or add !AreaType(DUNGEON), they dont walk around anymore. It would appear that i have no choice but to add this line to both scripts until i finish astral prison and then remove it again. I am wondering why this was added in the first place ... or even more .... if its the timer thats responsible ... how can the time limit be hit if i just came to astral prison ...