BG2 demo and GemRB in FreeBSD

Traveler

Hi,

Is it possible to somehow unpack bg2demo to try it with GemRB, without instaling it

on Windows/WINE?

I have high hopes for ending some unfinished business in Durlag's Tower, maybe even

using BGT-WeiDU*, but I need to get it to work with demo for now (no access to old machine

with my installs).

*I have read it's compatible with GemRB? Just copying all game files after full install of

BGT-WeiDU on Windows should work, right?

well unshield is used for installing a retail disc version. how am i supposed to know what format the demo comes in? you didnt specify any of that. If its just a zip or whatever what are you even asking for?

IIRC the android version of GemRB downloads and installs the BG2 demo so i imagine there is a way. maybe the .WX files are just zips. who knows tho.

IIRC the android version of GemRB downloads and installs the BG2 demo so i imagine there is a way. maybe the .WX files are just zips. who knows tho.

Yes, and I think it would be beneficial to track down exact procedure used by android version, and use it to write simple tutorial for trying GemRB, pinning it even maybe.

As far I know, bg2demo is only content that can be used to trying GemRB around, and making it as accessible as possible would be good, no?

It's cumbersome and whole point was installation without it.

As far I can tell, android port uses already extracted data (with

all *.EXEs and cruft), I will just copy relevant data from there, for

test purposes.

FWIW, *.WXs are not (just?) renamed zips.

Maybe, but it seems arbitrary, no .MUS, no .MVE, for me it's looking as saving space on part of demo authors or android port one.

Crashing GUIScript upon accessing character page is more worrying. Could be very well artefact of my crude mounting, and

hope it is.

Archived