New Icons!

Pacek

@Pacek, I'll put down a wish-list just in case you have time for it. No pressure though, take all the time you need, I can easily release a beta with sub-optimal pre-existing icons. ;)

Fighters

- I'd like to add a third Sundering option for Called Shots. For example you could do something similar to what you did for the other two options, and replace the arm/leg with a broken shield. :)

- the Kensai might welcome the same attentions you gave to fighter's CS ability. Vanilla's icon will remain in use as the main header, while sub-menu's icons would be a red icon for Ki Strike, a blue one for Ki Dodge (short lasting boost to AC), and probably a white one for Ki Step (short lasting boost to movement speed).

Paladins

- I'd simply need an icon for Smite Evil. Mind you, I'm currently using vanilla's Smite icon for it, which actually is very fine imo. Thus you might instead work on a replacement for (Greater) Power Attack icon as within vanilla all "lesser and greater" HLAs share very similar icons, but this is not the case.

Demi's asked me to make some icons for KR, I'm going to start with Archer's called shot, which is going to use a spell immunity style menu. So we need new icons for the various targets that the archer can call.

First things first, what is this supposed to be: post-4292-0-85139000-1342194883.png This is of course the called shot icon and I'd hope to utilise it in some way. But first I need to understand what it is. Am I missing something obvious? To me it's kind of a bow and arrow, maybe a mouth, but not really.

Any thoughts?

Well the though probably there is a trick shot, as in the arrow is bounced off a "wall" so it goes to more vulnerable spot while it goes around a shield or the armor itself... as in bouncing the arrow from the targets full plate armored hand so it lands in the armpit.

- the Kensai might welcome the same attentions you gave to fighter's CS ability. Vanilla's icon will remain in use as the main header, while sub-menu's icons would be a red icon for Ki Strike, a blue one for Ki Dodge (short lasting boost to AC), and probably a white one for Ki Step (short lasting boost to movement speed).
So you wish to use the Ki icon (spcl144.bam), just recolored ?

Well the though probably there is a trick shot, as in the arrow is bounced off a "wall" so it goes to more vulnerable spot while it goes around a shield or the armor itself... as in bouncing the arrow from the targets full plate armored hand so it lands in the armpit.

That's ... actually very insightful. I can see it now, like a called shot in a game of snooker. Thanks Jarno.

I'll have something in a few weeks, Demi.

@Arda, cool! :) If I have to nitpick I would say "Defensive Stance" doesn't necessarily imply the use of a shield, but I also think the shield is the most iconic thing to represent it.

That being said, what about portrait icons? The reason I suggested you to simply make a white version the pre-existing bams (nice spoiler btw ;) ) is that for the portrait icon I still have to rely on the old ones. :(

1st I like the best...
Yeah, I've noticed too after uploading them. Adjusted image brightness for offensive/defensive icons.

That being said, what about portrait icons? The reason I suggested you to simply make a white version the pre-existing bams (nice spoiler btw ;) ) is that for the portrait icon I still have to rely on the old ones. :(
Portrait icons are gonna be very tricky, not in the least because there's only one file allowed, and it comes with pre-defined palette (although Mike's macro can handle it to some degree). I'll see if anything good comes out...

If I have to nitpick I would say "Defensive Stance" doesn't necessarily imply the use of a shield, but I also think the shield is the most iconic thing to represent it.
Lol, haven't thought about :D

But I think it's quite fine, considering half the times AC value is represent with a shield.

post-1269-0-98188200-1374663236.jpg

post-1269-0-07132600-1374663242.jpg

End Stance, Defensive Stance, Offensive Stance

................ :) :) 1st I like the best...but there's no such ability!

There will be. ;)

@Arda, I thought portrait icons were kinda "off limits", but if you and/or Mike can handle them it's cool. Regardless, for now I guess I can use these icons while keeping old portrait icons...it shouldn't look that bed, no?

Archived