New version of IWD-in-BG2 for playtesting

I've belatedly caught up with the last few months of bug reports and brought out a new version - or more accurately, a large patch for version 7. In particular, this fixes the critical bugs in the Heart of Winter core path: Angaar no longer vanishes, and Wylfdene (though still angry) is no longer furious enough to crash the game. It also catches up with most of the extant bugs (annoyingly with the exception of the ones in Quezvax's thread). There is a pinned list of bugs I can't currently reproduce, and I've updated the list of things I don't know how to fix.

If anyone wants to test it, the most crucial thing I want tested is the HoW critical path. You need to do this from a new game (or at least from a game where you haven't gone to Lonelywood yet) and you need to avoid using the console to jump between maps. (You can probably get away with CTRL-J within a map). Feel free to cheat in a superweapon (KILLSW01 is good). Let me know if you can get from the start to the end of HoW.

The second thing to check is TotLM. Most of my area-related bug reports seem to be in TotLM so I'd appreciate if someone can have a look and see if it works okay.

If this version works as advertised I'll bundle it into a new v8 and do an "official" release, as I think it's probably stable enough now.

Archived