V7 - 7.11 and later

I really hate just trying small parts of the game, so I'll try to do full playthough in next 4-5 days.

(You'll have to wait for info about barbarian camp and TotLM)

I've made it to Dragon's eye lvl2 and so far I've only found 2 very minor things.

Seems like there's still single use items left...

Necklace of missiles stolen from Oswald. (random item?)

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but many Skeleton archers in tomb of Kresselack have bolts or darts.

They do have arrows also, that's why I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

That is it. The game seems to run smoother than before, but that might be because I reinstalled it and I could have different settings than before. Don't know really... Still it feels better than before.

Seems like there's still single use items left...

Necklace of missiles stolen from Oswald. (random item?)

I think that's actually a feature of the vanilla game (albeit probably a bug).

I think the skeleton-darts thing is also vanilla.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but many Skeleton archers in tomb of Kresselack have bolts or darts.

They do have arrows also, that's why I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Definitely vanilla. You can get bolts, bullets, darts or arrows. Use NearInfinity to look at the RNDTRES.2da file, lines AROW_P1 and P2, RNGP1 and 2. I think it's intentional so the party has a chance to get some fire and acid arrows, as well as other magic missile weapons, for the trip to Dragon's Eye and those trolls...

Ok, that's not a bug then.

There's another great way to get fire and +1 arrows. Just cast animate dead and kill(or pickpocket) all the archers. They also drop +1short bows, so you can exploit it for money also... That one does look like a bug to me.

Now I've made it to Severed hand and will stop playing for tonight.

Just finished Wyrm's tooth.

Zero bugs found today. Nothing that even made me think that it might be.

Tomorrow I'll start HoW and the goal is to at least get to barbarian camp part 2.

After that it's TotL.

Then all that's left in the game... I think 3 days should be enough.

Back in barbarian camp.

Angaar's where he should be and takes us inside the mead hall.

Fight starts without any problems.

The only little issue I had, was when you see Hjollder near the gate, he starts his speech even if there's enemies around. When that's finished all the non-hostile barbarians just stop fighting... Hostile ones still attack them, but they don't even fight back. Only Jorn runs around casting healing spells.

I didn't mind that much, since it's only more EXP for me.

I tried the camp from start to finish 5 times and it worked like that every single time.

Other than that? Just this...

- Fixed vanilla bug with Mirror of Black Ice Amulet: it now protects against wands.

It doesn't.

and this...

After meeting Hjollder in Burial isle I asked him to take us back to Kuldahar. He did, but back there he was invisible. Still could talk to him and get back to Burial isle.

That one seems to always happen to me. Single player, no mods installed.

Same thing happens if you ask him to take you back from barbarian camp. He's also invisible after returning to barbarian camp from Kuldahar.

EDIT.

Purvis seems to make the game crash.

After he runs out and you exit Baldemar's house the game crashes.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8E2625 File: ObjCreature.h Line: 837 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

I made 3 tries with same result.

Hi.

I'd like to report 4 bugs so far.

1. Major music tracks seem to play anywhere inside a "main" area. For example, the Kuldahar song starts itself even when you're visiting the houses or taverns, or the Vale of Shadow battle song plays inside the crypts. I don't recall this happening in the original game. The tracks in general seem to play alot more, too

2. A few terrain tiles seem to give the wrong step sounds. Notably the planks at the step of the doors in Easthaven.

3. Common townsfolk dialogue seems weird. You can "unlock" new questions within the same chat without the commoner saying anything new. It's hard to explain. For example, speak to a random commoner in Easthaven and do nothing but press "1". I'm almost certain something is broken here.

4. The boy in Easthaven asking for help on the bridge before the goblin encounter keeps having "Help!" text appear on himself even if you speak to him the first time.

I'll report back if I see anything else.

Thank you for your hard work. I spent months on easytutu, bg2+tob and this one will deserve the same treatment :)

Started TotL and actually played all the way through it.

Things I found...

Entrance into the Watchknight Crypt was already open when I entered the church for the first time.

I hadn't even visited any of the towers before going there.

Rakshasa Hobart changed form just fine, but still only 4 invisible stalkers (and him) attacked. I kinda remember there being 1 or 2 more rakhasas and about twice as many stalkers in that fight.

At Castle lvl 1 there was more spectral guards than before.

Nothing wrong with that, but still after you enter lvl 2 there's 3 spectral guards but 2 of them disappears.

I'll post a version 7.12 in a few minutes. Here's a reply to bugs so far:

I really hate just trying small parts of the game, so I'll try to do full playthough in next 4-5 days. (You'll have to wait for info about barbarian camp and TotLM) I've made it to Dragon's eye lvl2 and so far I've only found 2 very minor things. Seems like there's still single use items left... Necklace of missiles stolen from Oswald. (random item?)

Vanilla bug; fixed in v7.12

There's another great way to get fire and +1 arrows. Just cast animate dead and kill(or pickpocket) all the archers. They also drop +1short bows, so you can exploit it for money also... That one does look like a bug to me.

It's certainly an exploit! But it works that way in IWD too, so I think I'll leave it for now.

The only little issue I had, was when you see Hjollder near the gate, he starts his speech even if there's enemies around. When that's finished all the non-hostile barbarians just stop fighting... Hostile ones still attack them, but they don't even fight back. Only Jorn runs around casting healing spells. I didn't mind that much, since it's only more EXP for me. I tried the camp from start to finish 5 times and it worked like that every single time.

I can't reproduce this. On my install, he just says "good luck in the fight" until all the Wyrm tribe are dead.

Can you see if you can reproduce it on v7.12, and if so, give me some exact instructions as to what you do, and I'll see if I can reproduce them.

- Fixed vanilla bug with Mirror of Black Ice Amulet: it now protects against wands.
It doesn't.

It does now. (I hope...)

and this...

After meeting Hjollder in Burial isle I asked him to take us back to Kuldahar. He did, but back there he was invisible. Still could talk to him and get back to Burial isle.
That one seems to always happen to me. Single player, no mods installed. Same thing happens if you ask him to take you back from barbarian camp. He's also invisible after returning to barbarian camp from Kuldahar.

Okay, I need more details here. He's invisible? Then how can you talk to him? Does he have an empty animation circle?

EDIT. Purvis seems to make the game crash. After he runs out and you exit Baldemar's house the game crashes. ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8E2625 File: ObjCreature.h Line: 837 Expression: FALSE Message: (null) I made 3 tries with same result.

Fixed in 7.12. (The Backstab() command in BG2 crashes the game.)

Hi. I'd like to report 4 bugs so far. 1. Major music tracks seem to play anywhere inside a "main" area. For example, the Kuldahar song starts itself even when you're visiting the houses or taverns, or the Vale of Shadow battle song plays inside the crypts. I don't recall this happening in the original game. The tracks in general seem to play alot more, too

I think you're right that music is handled a bit differently, but there's not a lot I can do about it (I think the engines handle music in slightly different ways, but I don't understand the file format well enough to do a fine-tuned fix.)

2. A few terrain tiles seem to give the wrong step sounds. Notably the planks at the step of the doors in Easthaven.

I had a quick look and it sounded okay... can you give me the exact coordinates of a point where you think the sound is wrong?

3. Common townsfolk dialogue seems weird. You can "unlock" new questions within the same chat without the commoner saying anything new. It's hard to explain. For example, speak to a random commoner in Easthaven and do nothing but press "1". I'm almost certain something is broken here.

No, that's vanilla-IWD behaviour. Every time you ask, your question picks up on something you've previously been told, so you get a different reply.

4. The boy in Easthaven asking for help on the bridge before the goblin encounter keeps having "Help!" text appear on himself even if you speak to him the first time.

I'm reasonably sure that's vanilla-IWD behaviour.

Started TotL and actually played all the way through it. Things I found... Entrance into the Watchknight Crypt was already open when I entered the church for the first time. I hadn't even visited any of the towers before going there.

Fixed in v7.12.

Rakshasa Hobart changed form just fine, but still only 4 invisible stalkers (and him) attacked. I kinda remember there being 1 or 2 more rakhasas and about twice as many stalkers in that fight. At Castle lvl 1 there was more spectral guards than before. Nothing wrong with that, but still after you enter lvl 2 there's 3 spectral guards but 2 of them disappears.

I think these should now be fixed, but I'm not certain. Try and see.

- Fixed vanilla bug with Mirror of Black Ice Amulet: it now protects against wands.It doesn't.

It does now. (I hope...)

Yes, it works now.

That one seems to always happen to me. Single player, no mods installed. Same thing happens if you ask him to take you back from barbarian camp. He's also invisible after returning to barbarian camp from Kuldahar.

Okay, I need more details here. He's invisible? Then how can you talk to him? Does he have an empty animation circle?

There's just nothing. The only way to "see" him is moving cursor where he should be. That changes like he's there.

I think I found the exact time when it happens and that's when he casts the windwalk spell... He turns invisible just before the area change and stays that way.

Edit. and no it's not the kind of invisibility that you can dispell with true seeing, I tried even that.

Purvis seems to make the game crash. After he runs out and you exit Baldemar's house the game crashes. ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8E2625 File: ObjCreature.h Line: 837 Expression: FALSE Message: (null) I made 3 tries with same result.

Fixed in 7.12. (The Backstab() command in BG2 crashes the game.)

Works perfectly now.

when you see Hjollder near the gate, he starts his speech even if there's enemies around. When that's finished all the non-hostile barbarians just stop fighting... Hostile ones still attack them, but they don't even fight back.

I can't reproduce this. On my install, he just says "good luck in the fight" until all the Wyrm tribe are dead.

Can you see if you can reproduce it on v7.12, and if so, give me some exact instructions as to what you do, and I'll see if I can reproduce them.

For me he started his speech as soon as he saw my group, but when I tried it again with v7.12 it worked like it should. It even gave me EXP and the victory message. Don't remember seeing those in earlier tries.

After testing those played through rest of the game without seeing any new bugs.(and only 1 "old")

Tomorrow I'll check TotL again.

Tollas: could you trigger the vanishing-Hjollder effect, save the game with the party in the same room as invisible Hjollder, and email the zipped savegame to david dot wallace at balliol dot ox dot ac dot uk ?

send it few mins ago

Entrance into the Watchknight Crypt was already open when I entered the church for the first time. I hadn't even visited any of the towers before going there.

Fixed in v7.12.

Yes, it works

Rakshasa Hobart changed form just fine, but still only 4 invisible stalkers (and him) attacked. I kinda remember there being 1 or 2 more rakhasas and about twice as many stalkers in that fight. At Castle lvl 1 there was more spectral guards than before. Nothing wrong with that, but still after you enter lvl 2 there's 3 spectral guards but 2 of them disappears.

I think these should now be fixed, but I'm not certain. Try and see.

Now there's more stalkers, but all but 4 disappears fast.

Castle lvl 2 guards also still do the same thing.

NE-tower lvl 2 chests. The scroll is in random chest and the traps seems to also be random.

The problem is that the one with the scroll and the one without trap aren't always the same.

I'm reasonably sure that's vanilla-IWD behaviour.

Did you do something about that?

The reason I'm asking is that you get the Damian-"help! monsters" message once every 1-2secs. I don't remember him spamming it that fast earlier.

Archived