V7 - 7.11 and later

A few other things

- Stinking cloud seems to spawn itself 2 times when summoned, or at least the sound effect and graphics do. Could be related to trap summons.

- Skeleton mages in Kresselack's crypt use women voice when dying

- Zombies (or at least things using the zombie animation) seem to move strangely fast. Not sure if vanilla.

- Lizardmen sometimes randomly turn against the Lizard King, resulting in a quick and hilarious death of the latter. Seems to happen if you run out of view. Also experienced in dragon's eye with the captured band of adventurers within the eldathyn sanctuary.

- Trolls seem to be using the soundset for those fat drowned zombie things on the burial isle. Again, I don't remember if that's vanilla.

- Shattered souls in the severed hand freeze and do nothing when they're supposed to "heal" armored skeletons.

Is there a download link for version 7? I see the link in the "Downloads" sections shows v.6. I would like to install teh newest release if possible.....Barbarians in Ice Wind Dale, sweeeeeeeet....

Yes: look at the pinned "ready for testing" thread.

Just returned to Kuldahar from the Temple of the Forgotten God. Below is some observations...

- When speaking to Villagers in Easthaven with a Bard or Dwarf, I am not receiving options for dialogues leading to XP gains... Same whenI speak with villagers in Kuldahar with Pally/Cleric/Druid/Ranger.

- When speaking to the Sea Elf in Easthaven with a Bard, I did nto receive teh extra dialogue options, I believe the Bard should receive a chance to answer her song with a song of his/her own or something of that nature.

- I did not receive an XP bump for clearing the Kuldahar pass. I am pretty sure htis happens inthe vanilla game.

- Respawning creatures... ffrom what I remeber playing IWD, when you are adventuring in the Vale of Shadows, you will run into respawning Lesser Shadows. Maybe this was a change from a mod, not sure??? But I rested several times while exploring the various tombs and never ran into any respawing creatures when traveling across the map from tomb to tomb.

But overall, great stuff, thanks for the mod! IWD needed a refresh and this mod does the trick!

- When speaking to Villagers in Easthaven with a Bard or Dwarf, I am not receiving options for dialogues leading to XP gains... Same whenI speak with villagers in Kuldahar with Pally/Cleric/Druid/Ranger.

I'm getting the extra dialogue option in Kuldahar with paladin. You just have to ask about temples. Then about Ilmater...and so on.

200 quest exp for everyone after it's done.

- When speaking to the Sea Elf in Easthaven with a Bard, I did nto receive teh extra dialogue options, I believe the Bard should receive a chance to answer her song with a song of his/her own or something of that nature.

This one I'm also getting with my bard.

Did you install the "bg2 style protagonist" part? (or whatever it's called)

I think that makes your party leader do all the talking no matter who starts the dialogue.

Yes, I aksed about the temples and then Ilmater. Could be what you are saying, maybe I need to reinstall the mod with a different choice. I'll check that out tonight.

Also noticed that some of the non-warrior "homemade" NPCs that come with the mod have Weapon Proficiencies in Spears, though Spears are restricted by their classes. Easily fixed with SK.

@ Blades of Vanatar - I just want to be certain of something. Did you install the "NPCs Respond to Main Character" component from the Fixpack/Tweakpack? What you describe sounds like it. (You might also want to post your WeiDU.log contents as well.)

-Game doesn't end when your last character is petrified (I play solo)

-The respawn system seems extremely aggressive

blue myconids in dorn's deep, boneguards in poquelin's temple and the undead on the burial isle all seem to respawn the very moment I take a step outside their line of sight.

- Ichasaracht's temple seems very buggy. The area with the sahuagin king, especially. You can pretty much move anywhere you want, the small pools do not seem to be "solid". Also, the game will crash after the 3 Ice Golems turn hostile. This is the message.

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!

File: ChVidImage3d.cpp

Line: 899

Exp: FALSE

Msg: no msg.

Run Debugger?

@ Blades of Vanatar - I just want to be certain of something. Did you install the "NPCs Respond to Main Character" component from the Fixpack/Tweakpack? What you describe sounds like it. (You might also want to post your WeiDU.log contents as well.)

Reinstalled Fixpack/Tweakpack, it corrected the issue. What is the actual purpose of the option of "NPCs Respond to Main Character"?

Reinstalled Fixpack/Tweakpack, it corrected the issue. What is the actual purpose of the option of "NPCs Respond to Main Character"?

From the readme:

NPCs respond to the main character, not to whichever character talks to them.

By default, in IWD-in-BG2 - as with the original IWD - people you talk to address their comments to whichever party member started the conversation. If you install this component, the game instead behaves like Baldur's Gate: all NPCs talk to your main character, even if you initiate conversation using some other character.

From the readme:

NPCs respond to the main character, not to whichever character talks to them.

By default, in IWD-in-BG2 - as with the original IWD - people you talk to address their comments to whichever party member started the conversation. If you install this component, the game instead behaves like Baldur's Gate: all NPCs talk to your main character, even if you initiate conversation using some other character.

I understand what the readme says, I just must be missing the point of it. Why would you want the main character to do the talking when there are Class based dialogues in game that give XP rewards?

I understand what the readme says, I just must be missing the point of it. Why would you want the main character to do the talking when there are Class based dialogues in game that give XP rewards?

I agree. Some others, however, may like the BG2 style dialogs. That's why it's an optional, not a mandatory, item.

I agree. Some others, however, may like the BG2 style dialogs. That's why it's an optional, not a mandatory, item.

It comes down to whether you want to think of yourself as playing a PC with NPC companions (as in BG/BG2) or a party of PCs.

It comes down to whether you want to think of yourself as playing a PC with NPC companions (as in BG/BG2) or a party of PCs.

That sounds great, though to me, only if the NPCs get fleshed out to be more like BG2 NPCs. Wishful thinking on my part? (Yes, I'm fishing for info on whether there are plans to expand upon your in-game NPCs... :) )

That sounds great, though to me, only if the NPCs get fleshed out to be more like BG2 NPCs. Wishful thinking on my part? (Yes, I'm fishing for info on whether there are plans to expand upon your in-game NPCs... :) )

No, or not any time remotely soon. It's a very large amount of work and not something I have much practice at.

However, Kulyok has written an IWD NPC mod with 5(?) joinable NPCs, that's compatible with IWD-in-BG2.

Archived