V7 - 7.11 and later

After meeting Hjollder in Burial isle I asked him to take us back to Kuldahar. He did, but back there he was invisible. Still could talk to him and get back to Burial isle.

That one seems to always happen to me. Single player, no mods installed. Same thing happens if you ask him to take you back from barbarian camp. He's also invisible after returning to barbarian camp from Kuldahar.

Okay, I need more details here. He's invisible? Then how can you talk to him? Does he have an empty animation circle?

There's just nothing. The only way to "see" him is moving cursor where he should be. That changes like he's there.

I think I found the exact time when it happens and that's when he casts the windwalk spell... He turns invisible just before the area change and stays that way.

Edit. and no it's not the kind of invisibility that you can dispell with true seeing, I tried even that.

Wind Walk is also set to level 0, which may be the source of the bug here.

Working on the rest.

Rakshasa Hobart changed form just fine, but still only 4 invisible stalkers (and him) attacked. I kinda remember there being 1 or 2 more rakhasas and about twice as many stalkers in that fight. At Castle lvl 1 there was more spectral guards than before. Nothing wrong with that, but still after you enter lvl 2 there's 3 spectral guards but 2 of them disappears.

I think these should now be fixed, but I'm not certain. Try and see.

Now there's more stalkers, but all but 4 disappears fast.

Castle lvl 2 guards also still do the same thing.

Yeah, this is the stupid IWD difficulty-level scripting. Basically, IWD would spawn groups for max difficulty and then whittle their numbers down for lower difficulty settings. It was a hack in IWD, and now it's a hack2 here. We can make this smoother, but I suspect it's going to be a lot of manual checking.

NE-tower lvl 2 chests. The scroll is in random chest and the traps seems to also be random.

The problem is that the one with the scroll and the one without trap aren't always the same.

OK, I see what's going on here. We're setting the random traps by giving the chests an item to determine what they do when opened, but we're not checking to make sure the chest doesn't already have an item--basically, one chest can end up with nothing, and then do nothing once clicked. This is fixed.

4. The boy in Easthaven asking for help on the bridge before the goblin encounter keeps having "Help!" text appear on himself even if you speak to him the first time.

I'm reasonably sure that's vanilla-IWD behaviour.

Did you do something about that?

The reason I'm asking is that you get the Damian-"help! monsters" message once every 1-2secs. I don't remember him spamming it that fast earlier.

He's definitely doing it too much. I've fixed this so he only floats the message when he first sees you, or if he sees/gets attacked by goblins. It's a small break from his IWD behavior, but it works.

- Skeleton mages in Kresselack's crypt use women voice when dying

- Trolls seem to be using the soundset for those fat drowned zombie things on the burial isle. Again, I don't remember if that's vanilla.

These are both fixed; skellie mages were using the seer soundset and trolls the drowned.

- Zombies (or at least things using the zombie animation) seem to move strangely fast. Not sure if vanilla.

Zombies are waaaaay too fast. I went through and tediously mapped walking speeds in IWD but can't find my table now--I'm guessing if the party moves at 9, zombies should be around a 4.

Still working on the rest.

- Stinking cloud seems to spawn itself 2 times when summoned, or at least the sound effect and graphics do. Could be related to trap summons.

I'm unable to replicate this one.

- Lizardmen sometimes randomly turn against the Lizard King, resulting in a quick and hilarious death of the latter. Seems to happen if you run out of view. Also experienced in dragon's eye with the captured band of adventurers within the eldathyn sanctuary.

The Lizard King only goes hostile if he's personally attacked or after he's spoken to the party because he's lacking the throne room group script. I also touched up one more issue--the shamen spawn hostile, cast strength of one, then go neutral. They now go neutral and wait to cast strength of one once the battle starts.

Marchon and his group will go hostile individually if attacked, but not as a group. Now if one of them goes red-circled (and isn't charmed) they all will.

- Shattered souls in the severed hand freeze and do nothing when they're supposed to "heal" armored skeletons.

Shattered souls were casting the wrong spell. I also made one more change--in IWD they would cast shadow pact/LMD until the cows came home, whereas the conversion only let them cast one of each. They're now just as obnoxious in the conversion.

- I did not receive an XP bump for clearing the Kuldahar pass. I am pretty sure htis happens inthe vanilla game.

I don't remember this, and I'm not seeing anything in IWD to support it.

-Game doesn't end when your last character is petrified (I play solo)

I'm guessing this is a TobEx thing--we had to make some tweaks to make sure the game doesn't end when player1 is killed, and I'm guessing this is a consequence.

- Ichasaracht's temple seems very buggy. The area with the sahuagin king, especially. You can pretty much move anywhere you want, the small pools do not seem to be "solid". Also, the game will crash after the 3 Ice Golems turn hostile. This is the message.

I'm not getting the ice golem crash, but my hatred of search maps grows deeper with every release. The search map should work, but doesn't, and copying over the search map (with no changes) form IWD fixes it, even though they're just about identical. Whatever.

I also fixed a search map bug that grogerson reported a while ago--in the magic mouth area of TotL, the report is that one of the minotaurs gets trapped behind the door when it opens. I wasn't able to replicate, but I made the area impassable anyway.

Also noticed that IWD-in-BG2 was allowing HLAs, which I've disabled.

-Game doesn't end when your last character is petrified (I play solo)

I'm guessing this is a TobEx thing--we had to make some tweaks to make sure the game doesn't end when player1 is killed, and I'm guessing this is a consequence.

ToBEx disables the auto-end-game-on-player1-death. Game-over is handled by script: if you look in baldur.bcs you'll find something with a ToBEx LoseGame() command. That block (I guess) isn't tight enough - it probably needs StateCheck(Player1,STATE_REALLY_DEAD) swapping forOR(2)StateCheck(Player1,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)StateCheck(Player1,STATE_PETRIFIED) or whatever.

but my hatred of search maps grows deeper with every release.

What you feel now is mild dislike. When you have gone through manually, given up, written code, tweaked the code, given up on the code, given up on giving up on the code, and then logged ten or twenty residual bugs, then you will begin to know the meaning of hate.

We'd better have an option to turn it back on in the tweakpack, or powergames will start screaming.

We'd better have an option to turn it back on in the tweakpack, or powergames will start screaming.

Think of it more as a disable-until-we-also-give-it-to-some-enemies.

Agreed with the decision to disable. If you want to throw the "powergamers" a bone or not I leave to you - but unless it's trivial to code I'd say to just leave it until the also-give-it-to-some-enemies stage (at which point the option is moot anyway).

Hi,

I've encountered a problem installing 'Version 7.12 of the Fixpack/Tweakpack'.

Here is what i've done:

1. Clean install of BG2 (german) with TOB (german) and latest TOB PATCH (european patch)

2. Clean install of IWD (german) with HOW (german) and the other extansion which comes with patch 1.42 (german)

3. Succesfully installed IWD_in bg2

4. Error while installing 'Version 7.12 of the Fixpack/Tweakpack'.

[size=2][i].......[/i][/size]
[size=2][i].......[/i][/size]
[size=2][i]Copied [DCRITTER.BCS] to [override/DCRITTER.BCS]
ERROR: BIFF [d:\iwdinbg2\/DATA/25SCRIPTS.BIF] has file entries 0--968, cannot extract file at entry 969 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)
ERROR: BIFF [d:\iwdinbg2\/DATA/25SCRIPTS.BIF]: unable to extract file 969

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [DEADABAZ.BCS] not found in KEY file:
   [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/OTHER.10]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/OTHER.10")
[ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/UNSETSTR.10] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  50 files for [iCE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2] component 10.
 Restoring backed-up [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/STATE.IDS]
ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/STATE.IDS copied to override/STATE.IDS, 1579 bytes
 Restoring backed-up [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/CHITIN.KEY]
ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/CHITIN.KEY copied to CHITIN.KEY, 769969 bytes
[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 769969 bytes
[./CHITIN.KEY] 214 BIFFs, 54542 resources
Uninstalled	 50 files for [iCE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2] component 10.
Unable to Unlink [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/READLN.10]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/READLN.10")
Unable to Unlink [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/READLN.10.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/10/READLN.10.TEXT")
ERROR: Failure("resource [DEADABAZ.BCS] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.DEBUG to www.gibberlings3.net
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[ice_tutu_tweaks/tra/english/setup.tra] has 165 translation strings

Install Component [Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED)]?
[i]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED)[/i][/size]

Has somebody the same problem with the fix/tweack pack?

Thank you for help.

Found it in my override folder of my BG2 install. But it seems it has not been biffed or coppied during the iwdinbg2 procedure.

Maybe i should copy it from the bg2 override folder in iwd_in_bg2, where all the other .bcs files are?

It worked for me ;)

For me too, I have put it in the iwd_in_bg2 override folder.

Archived