More stuff for v10

Release candidate 3:

I just put RC3 on Github last night--I think this is it, unless Hurricane shows up to tell me I've done it all wrong again. :)

No worries. I just finished my double checking and can announce that we are now officially done with the Effing Effs. :) Congrats!

I've got an issue with the states.bam. The file contains a couple of portrait icons which are displayed with an ugly green background in-game.

I have found the following icons so far:

• Energy drain (59)
  • Vocalize (103)
  • Globe of invulnerability (121)
  • Ghost armor (127)
  • Quivering palm (143)
  • Aura of flaming death (160)
  • Improved chaos shield (162)
  • Chaos shield (163)

All of the above-mentioned icons don't have the RLE flag set. Setting it fixes the transparency issue. Is it possible to add a fixed version in one of your next releases?

Hangard's Axe +2, Rifthome Axe +3, K'logarath +4, Dwarven Thrower +3, Hammer of Thunderbolts +3, Runehammer +4, Runehammer +5 - increase damage by 1

Oh, the axes... plain throwing axes do 1d6+1, so the enchanted throwing axes are missing that +1 damage bonus. But the added damage makes throwing axes superior in every way to their non-throwing counterparts--better speed factor, less STR requirements, less weight, cheaper, but with the same thac0 and average damage, whether used in melee or thrown. I'd be more inclined to make bogstandard throwing axes do a straight 1d6, since they're the ones out of the pattern.

I'm not worried about the hammers--they're getting a full extra die of damage, so they're already out of the damage/enchantment pattern.

With respect to hammers, one thing not mentioned here is that Dwarven Thrower should probably be changed to do crushing damage as a ranged weapon as well. Every other thrown weapon (that is, axes) mentions specifically slashing damage for melee and piercing for ranged. Dwarven Thrower just says crushing.

With respect to throwing axes, Azuredge "+3" does 1d6 for non-undead (favoring your perspective), but +4 damage against undead (which would appear to perhaps be the +1 for throwing, +3 for its enchantment).

Additionally, throwing axes are inferior to non-throwing in one very crucial way: you can hold them with a weapon in your other hand. Which IMO outweighs everything else you mentioned.

Additionally, throwing axes are inferior to non-throwing in one very crucial way: you can hold them with a weapon in your other hand. Which IMO outweighs everything else you mentioned.
That can be modified... as in you can make the throwable weapons able to be used in dual wield-able(melee only), but that

is with other mods, like the Item Revision etc.

Archived