More stuff for v10

Bows, on the other hand, are a mess:

• Ripper +2 was not receiving its extra +1 to-hit from being a composite long bow
  • Long Bow +2, Long Bow +3, Mana Bow +4, Taralash +4 and +5 were not receiving their extra +1 to-hit from being long bows

Those sound familiar. I think the Long Bow +2 bug can also be enjoyed in BGEE's Black Pits.

I need to find a copy of Nythrun's 6.x series. It seems like a lot of it never made it into v7 and was simply forgotten.

BG and BG2 also differ in that bow enchantment also bumps damage in BG (i.e. short bow +1 is +1 to-hit, +1 to damage in BG but only +1 to-hit in BG2) which I think also contributes to the damage wonk.

I need to find a copy of Nythrun's 6.x series. It seems like a lot of it never made it into v7 and was simply forgotten.

Link. I think most has been accounted for by now. (There was a bit more, but IIRC, Nythrun said it was lost.) The bow stuff had not yet made it in because Nythrun's patch altered the description strrefs to unpredictable values and I never got around to revising the fix.

The ToB manual states that clerics receive their Holy Symbol at level 26. In-game, the symbol appears when a cleric hits level 25. Does anyone know what's supposed to be correct here?

Also, since level 25 requires 3825000 xp and level 26 requires 4050000 xp, the question might be whether the symbol is supposed to be obtainable by multiclass clerics (including Aerie) or not, due to the 8000000 xp limit.

Furthermore, upon gaining the item (i.e. after doing the level-up screen), my battle log says

The Party Has Lost An Item

The Party Has Gained An Item

But obviously I only gained an item.

It's because of the deceptive way we have to close the multiple holy symbol exploit. It creates a dummy item, which is then swapped via script.

As for level, let's just say I tend to favor in-game resources over the notoriously flaky manual.

Talking about usability ...

Blue dragon plate: Per descript unusable by mages, bards, and thieves. [...] Fixpack alllows it to be usable by druids per the descript.

You probably looked up a modified string. The unmodified, default description of plat20 actually lists druids as being excluded from using it, and the unusability flag is set accordingly in vanilla BG2. Which means there was a deliberate effort by the Fixpack earlier at some point to make plat20 usable by druids, probably in order to get it in line with all the other animal-based armor. I'd like to pose the question whether that decision should be rolled back. While all other dragon scales and the ankheg armor are usable by druids according to both their descriptions and flags, I don't know whether the Fixpack should so easily disregard the deviating description and flag of plat20, which both indicate that plat20 is different from the other armor.

Small oversight concerning the ranger kits: Beastmaster and stalkers have exactly the same armor restriction, namely nothing heavier than studded leather, as evidenced by the fact that there is not a single armor in BG2 that has different unusability flags for stalker vs. beastmaster. Specifically, every ordinary chan## and plat## armor in BG2 is always unusable by BOTH stalker and beastmaster in vanilla BG2, and the white dragon scale (chan20) is usable by both of them. Hence, when stalkers are being excluded from using chan20 now, the same has to be done for beastmasters as well.

Additionally, the default description of the beastmaster (#25212) doesn't list the restriction to studded leather. Although this is corrected by gtu.tra, I'd like to see this for the general public, i.e. setup.tra.

On a somewhat related note, can we please change the ground icon of Valygar's personal armor (npchan.itm) to not look like a chain mail (gchan01.bam)? Since he's a stalker, his armor has to be leather/studded leather, regardless of the fact that the item code is npchan. The ground icon should be gleat01.bam.

On a somewhat related note, can we please change the ground icon of Valygar's personal armor (npchan.itm) to not look like a chain mail (gchan01.bam)? Since he's a stalker, his armor has to be leather/studded leather, regardless of the fact that the item code is npchan. The ground icon should be gleat01.bam.

This may be a bit too "tweaky" for the fixpack.

However, see here. :)

Archived