HLA Ideas

SimDing0

My HLA ideas for this included:

Instant teleportation at will for Silverstars of Selune.

Permanent improved invisibility (that's the translucent bit) in the dark for Nightcloaks of Shar.

Some mega damage spell for Stormlords of Talos.

The lower fighter HLAs for Battleguards of Tempus.

Once such a thread was started, why not post some other ideas from another person too? :) Here they are:

* Perhaps banites (or xvimites) might recieve something similar to IWD spell, soul eater, but rather it drains hit points. Similar to a more powerful larloch's drain with an area effect.

* Lathanderites might have a spell that bestows an aura of positive energy, harming all undead who hit the caster

* For sharites, perhaps there might be a way to mimick the hide in shadows (with a 99% success chance, of course). It can be done via summoning an invisible creature an using the ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Hide()) command.

* Worshippers of mystra might conjure a cloud that prevents spellcasting from all within (or perhaps a patch of dead magic?)

* Lycanthropic touch might be an additional option for selunites

* Malarites might conjure a powerful servant of Malar, or perhaps gain a (modified) ability to shapechange, something along the lines of the 9th level wizard spell

-Galactygon

I think I said something like "astral travel" originally for Selune, and it's a vague attempt to fit in with the navigation theme.

Well it can be done in BG2, by projecting the priest into another area, say 'astral plane', and holding his/her original form as in Mental Combat.

* Worshippers of mystra might conjure a cloud that prevents spellcasting from all within (or perhaps a patch of dead magic?)

Isn't that a disadvantage for the Priest of Mystra, since his/her power lies entirely in magic? The only way for that to be at all useful would be to somehow incorporate the 'Mystra's followers can operate normally in areas of dead magic/antimagic fields' rule from Skills and Powers.

I like the lyncanthropy idea for Selune's followers. Perhaps a 'shapeshift' spell that can only be used to take the form of a werewolf?

Isn't that a disadvantage for the Priest of Mystra, since his/her power lies entirely in magic? The only way for that to be at all useful would be to somehow incorporate the 'Mystra's followers can operate normally in areas of dead magic/antimagic fields' rule from Skills and Powers.

I'd be less concerned with it being useful than with it being anti-thematic. That is, Mystra hates dead magic areas, and her followers are sworn to mend these tears in the Weave, not create more of them. It would be like a cleric of Kelemvor creating undead.

I liked the HLAs that come with Refinements but I see from the readme that Divine Remix isn't compatible because uses its own table.

Where can I see then the list of both old and new HLAs introduced by this Mod ?

The readme doesn't speak at all about this and I am curious to know what I can expect for my Shapeshifter...

IIRC the Druid ones are unchanged. As the ReadMe (I think) states, the major difference is that HLA choices for Cleric kits are determined by their spell sphere access. A few kits have unique HLAs too, and the Cleric ones get one or two from the pools of other classes depending on their character (e.g. some Fighter-esque ones for Tempus).

While they may be "incompatible", they still work together just fine. Just install Refinements last if you want to use their cleric HLA tables.

Then can you please tell me what the drawbacks of doing that are ? There must be something as the Readme warns against installing Divine Remix and Refinement's HLAs... :)

Archived