Issues on Android port

Abers

First of all apologies if I posting this in the wrong place or have been covered before. Been playing the android port for a couple of weeks now and come across the following issues. Currently playing through BGtutu with widescreen mod.

1. Setting off a trap causes the game to crash though I've seen this reported before.

2. However, when sending Imoen to disarm the trap (large one in the mines) she walks straight into it and sets it off (thus crashing the game). I don't remember being able to set off traps whilst moving to disarm them when playing the original (though I could be wrong on this).

3. Pressing the 'H' button does not hide the GUI but simply pauses the game ('Y' and 'U' for hiding the left and right panels respectively works fine though). Not sure if this is a bug or just a feature from the original not implemented.

4. Not been able to replicate this one but at, seemingly, random intervals it becomes impossible to select the main character from the right panel whilst in the 'game' screen. In order to select the character I either have to click him on the main screen or move into portrait, inventory etc and clicking down the side panel works again.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed folk mentioning in other posts that the version available through the android market (now Google Play) was out of date but didn't realise it was that bad. Does anyone know if the disarm trap issue is fixed or if it was part of the original?

Will get round to testing saved game from where I left off in couple of days when I have the time to install latest build and reset it all up.

Thanks again.

Meh, i will figure out how to not walk into traps when disarming.

For what its worth the original does this too. I agree we should fix it, but in the mean time you could check if the actor is doing a disarm action and not set it off? pretty hacky i know, but this is a super frustrating problem.

Upgraded to latest version and the trap triggered crash is gone thankfully. Also managed to disarm the traps without them being triggered 90% of the time whereas before it was every single time.

Noticed that there is a whole bunch of auto-pauses now set up. I myself like having the hit character and enemy death on but not so much the character attacked as it leads to pausing every half a second. It appears though these auto-pauses over-ride what is set up within the game options? Is there a file like the gemrb config that I can edit to turn it off?

The 'h' key as well still seems to only pause the game instead of removing the side and bottom panels. Is there any plans to implement this feature at any point? If not the hiding of the side panels works fine enough for being able to see more game-screen whilst wondering about.

Thanks again to folks for their replies.

I saw that garren missing in windspear had been addressed in the chat log. However even woth downloading the most recent file, garren does not appear at his cabin iafter i save his daughter and slay the dragon. When you made the windspear updates was the android port updated as well? Minister lloyd also doesnt show up after i slew the shade lord in umar hills

I saw that garren missing in windspear had been addressed in the chat log. However even woth downloading the most recent file, garren does not appear at his cabin iafter i save his daughter and slay the dragon. When you made the windspear updates was the android port updated as well? Minister lloyd also doesnt show up after i slew the shade lord in umar hills

I didn't play it through to the dragon, so there could be more bugs in that quest.

Hi there,

I got another question on the andoird port.

Is there a possibility to reset the on-screen keyboard? I remaped the on-screen keyboard, using on-screen buttons 1-4. But now I only want to use on-screen button 1. So I unchecked the boxes behind on-screen buttons 2-4. But they sill appear in the game and still execute their functions. Do you know, how I can get rid of these buttons? "Customize on-screen keyboard layout" didn't help. I can customize on-screen button 1, but the other bottons still appear in game.

... also, is there a possibility, how i can map the scroll-up arrow below the game-screen to an on-screen button. Clicking the tiny arrow on my android-device really gives me a hard time :)

Archived