1PPv4 and Revisions mods

Demivrgvs

I read the whole readme, then installed 1PPV4 and finally looked at the actual files via NI. I have to say I'm really amazed, but also overwhelmed at the same time. Lot of new content, and tons of new things to take into account when it comes to compatibility.

IR: I'm really glad 1PPV4 now does what I already tried to do with IRV3 (with previously unreleased 1PP content), merging the use of both BGI and BGII styles of helmets and shields animations, but even that means that I have to re-do the whole thing from the start to make sure the two mods are fully compatibile. The new item bams are very very welcome. IR already used tons of "new" bams (e.g. those for ToB items) and in many cases 1PPv4 re-uses them but there are even more now, but some of them are completely new (aka not stolen from other infinite games or tweaked from original bams) and utterly cool (e.g. Serpent Shaft, the new wizard staff which comes with new avatar animation, etc.). It shouldn't be a problem to merge new bams with IR. My only real "complain" is that 1PP now seems to add quite a lot of new magical items (some of which with interesting ideas, others I don't like much), and considering such mod will become integral of a standard install (even more so with BGEE) IR will have to consider them too (e.g. even if I don't touch them I have to take them into account to not have similar items). BG really didn't need more powerful magical items than it already had. :(

SR: much less tweaks on this part. New animations for certain spells are not new for SR users (e.g. SR already made Spiritual Armor use a different animation - same animation 1PP now uses - and I also made Ghost Armor use an appropriate one) but new animations seem great, new clouds in particular. I'm not sure what will need to be done on SR part to make good use of them, but I may actually have to do nothing in most cases (at least when SR is not adding a custom projectile/animation such as for cloud spells).

P.S On a side note, I'm kinda eager to get my hands on BGEE because 1PP will be included. Working on Revisions mods on a platform where 1PP is auto-included is probably going to be easier.

I hope it won't be too much work for you but realistically speaking it is impossible to think of IR using an older version of 1PP, especially considering the huge improvements that release candidate v4 brought into the game.

My only real "complain" is that 1PP now seems to add quite a lot of new magical items (some of which with interesting ideas, others I don't like much), and considering such mod will become integral of a standard install (even more so with BGEE) IR will have to consider them too (e.g. even if I don't touch them I have to take them into account to not have similar items). BG really didn't need more powerful magical items than it already had. :(
We can always remove the excess items, like bonus merchants' stuff.
My only real "complain" is that 1PP now seems to add quite a lot of new magical items (some of which with interesting ideas, others I don't like much), and considering such mod will become integral of a standard install (even more so with BGEE) IR will have to consider them too (e.g. even if I don't touch them I have to take them into account to not have similar items). BG really didn't need more powerful magical items than it already had. :(

I like that

Have I missed something? I see only 37 ITM files in 1PPv4, 2 of which are elven wings, 6 - Chloe's swords, 20 - herbs from originally a separate mod. I wouldn't call the rest 9 items as "a lot".
Have I missed something? I see only 37 ITM files in 1PPv4, 2 of which are elven wings, 6 - Chloe's swords, 20 - herbs from originally a separate mod. I wouldn't call the rest 9 items as "a lot".
There are 3 new circlets and at least 10 new unique shields (some of which kinda powerful). The new staff is probably there just to show off the new imposing animation, and stands out from the current staves because it works similarly to an old version of IR's Staff of Rynn (@Ardanis you should like it) by allowing the mage to fire Magic Missiles from it.
There are 3 new circlets and at least 10 new unique shields (some of which kinda powerful). The new staff is probably there just to show off the new imposing animation, and stands out from the current staves because it works similarly to an old version of IR's Staff of Rynn (@Ardanis you should like it) by allowing the mage to fire Magic Missiles from it.
I still don't understand why you should change or delete them. They are mod items, you are not modifying any other mod items like Questpack or Aurora.
it works similarly to an old version of IR's Staff of Rynn (@Ardanis you should like it) by allowing the mage to fire Magic Missiles from it.
It was Mike's idea iirc, because v2 came out a month or so after I have came to Revisions forums.

I still don't understand why you should change or delete them. They are mod items, you are not modifying any other mod items like Questpack or Aurora.
1PP is a dedicated graphics mod, and afaict the only reason it adds new items is because otherwise new graphics would be wasted. IR is a dedicated item mod, so I think it is quite obvious whose items should be prioritized, especially if we do make a wide use of 1PP's new features.

In any case, I take it for granted to contact the mod author before altering their content.

it works similarly to an old version of IR's Staff of Rynn (@Ardanis you should like it) by allowing the mage to fire Magic Missiles from it.
It was Mike's idea iirc, because v2 came out a month or so after I have came to Revisions forums.

Sup. Yeah, at one point I was thinking of different ways to mess with the game's spell system, and wanted to try giving wizards staves that could actually be of use in combat, firing ranged magic. Demi took the best example and ran with it.

Your mod? Uh, sorry to tell you that, man, but it is Demi's and mine now.

Kidding, welcome back :)

If you're looking for some work, there is still a matter of Tutu compatibility, although I have no idea what Demi is doing with the main component right now. And if you plan to join back, I think we really should move the development to git then.

I like that
Erhm, I don't... why? Cause the reason the items are there is because someone saw that they were needed. And WHO are you to judge ? Now if you want to edit them to suit to the power levels you see them to have, that's a way different thing than just removing them. Now the Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has 50 different kinds of weapons, all for one purpose, to be in a First and Third person shooter, yes, some of them are more powerful than others against different things, but there's no clear over all bestTM weapon of them all, for every occation.

So what the IR should do about the new items, try not to remove them but keep them and if one needs an adjustment, see if it actually really needs it, and if that's the case then make an adjustment that really suits the item. As it so happens, there's many ways to win the wars, and the power to do so is the most important.

Archived