1PPv4 and Revisions mods

Demivrgvs

My only real "complain" is that 1PP now seems to add quite a lot of new magical items (some of which with interesting ideas, others I don't like much), and considering such mod will become integral of a standard install (even more so with BGEE) IR will have to consider them too (e.g. even if I don't touch them I have to take them into account to not have similar items). BG really didn't need more powerful magical items than it already had. :(
We can always remove the excess items, like bonus merchants' stuff.
I like that
Erhm, I don't... why? Cause the reason the items are there is because someone saw that they were needed. And WHO are you to judge ?

If this argument were valid, it would preclude modding the original game too. If it's legit to mod the original game, it's legit to mod mods.

With 1PP v4 now going to support the BG1 large shield, I think it's mandatory to have IR fully compatible with it. Perhaps Mike can be of help since he's back?
Don't worry, we will obviously work to make it happen. Afaik Mike isn't really back (aka he won't be around for much), but yes, he's trying to help me and Arda. :)

My only real "complain" is that 1PP now seems to add quite a lot of new magical items (some of which with interesting ideas, others I don't like much), and considering such mod will become integral of a standard install (even more so with BGEE) IR will have to consider them too (e.g. even if I don't touch them I have to take them into account to not have similar items). BG really didn't need more powerful magical items than it already had. :(
We can always remove the excess items, like bonus merchants' stuff.
I like that
Erhm, I don't... why? Cause the reason the items are there is because someone saw that they were needed. And WHO are you to judge ?
If this argument were valid, it would preclude modding the original game too. If it's legit to mod the original game, it's legit to mod mods.
I obviously second what DavidW says, but I also agree with Jarno regarding one thing: IR should try to "revise/rebalance" first, and opt for "removing" only if no other solution seems viable.
And WHO are you to judge ?
We judge within our domain only, and seeing how IR is called the item mod #1 time and again on forums, I'd say we also have a good authority to do so.

Don't forget that saturating the game with new items risks breaking the balance - like the mere fact you can loot them and sell.

And lastly, nothing's been removed so far.

Any news about this compatibility? I love your mods. IR and SR is a must on my modlist. Haven't tried 1PPv4 yet, because this incompatibility.

I'm wanting to play IR and SR with 1PPv4, and this is only thing holding up my next play-through.

If you could make it happen, I will be thankful! :-)

I was wondering if we could get recommendations about what components from 1PP v4.1 are safe to install along with IR v3 Beta and SR v3.1.

The original idea was to wait untill a new official version of IR would be released but at this point, I am starting to lose my hopes and would like to know what can be done with the released material available.

I know people are more interested in BG:EE modding now perhaps (I am not sharing the same enthusiasm) but IR has been in Beta stage for soon two years... :(

I'm kinda rusty on this matter...what about you Arda? :(

I'm currently focusing on KR, but I promise you Salk this time around I'll be relatively short in terms of "time to release" for Revisions mods, as I have to be much (MUCH) less "obsessively meticulous" about pre-release debates. Now I have to focus to obtain the most from my very litttle spare time for modding (1/40th of what I once had), but hopefully something good from it will come out, and you should actually see something released instead of me continuosly perfectionating my pre-release internal version of the mods. :D

Demi,

your style made the Revisions mods the success they are. Of course thanks to the contribution of talents like Ardanis and Mike... But I am happy that you've been so meticulous with your work.

But you're right about needing to put things together now.

I am sure you'll do great! ;)

Archived