BG:EE Compatibility

Kenyon

timeline?

uuuuuhhhh....

well, the good news is that it should be possible. And the other good news is that we will be in a position to assist any of the NPC mods and other modders who want to add their content to BG:EE.I am building all the tables of stuff that needs to be changed en-mass, but since we had to do that work for the Tutu:BGT conversion, the basics are there. There are lots of things that should work fine.

But, WeiDU may (will) need an update to help detect the BG:EE. All the fixes that we do for Tutu/BGT need to be revisited to recheck whether ort not they apply on BG:EE. We probably have to remap some places we add content to. We definitely will need to recheck interjections. Then we will need to test. So....

eventually?

In general, I think the best way to test a game that wants backwards compatability is to poke at it and try and make it do things we all expect to be able to do, and report all the results. Besides, why play with a stock Mazda when you can tinker with the engine timings? ;)

In general, I think the best way to test a game that wants backwards compatability is to poke at it and try and make it do things we all expect to be able to do, and report all the results. Besides, why play with a stock Mazda when you can tinker with the engine timings? ;)
So the vanilla WeiDu.exe was able to install the mod then ? :D

Hello everyone!

A question that is really been bugging me lately it "Is there some kind of estimated release date?"

The thing is I really wanna play now after the release of the EE but I think the NPC Project is such an essential mod that it wouldn't be really satisfying.

This would be my first real playthrough, I played a couple of hours with BGT and the project installed and was really amazed but i postponed it because of the impending EE. So now I don't wanna play without the NPC Project (I instantly fell in love with Garrick and

Dynaheir) and also not without the EE.

A few months earlier cmorgan laid out how far he is or what it would take to make it compatible but I really have no idea about that kind of stuff so I also don't know how much time it will still take.

I would really appreciate just a roughly estimation. If it would take another few months I wouldn't wait and if it would take only a few weeks I would.

Greetings

(Also I didn't find anything about that in the forums here or the official ones so I decided to ask, hope I'm not bothering anyone)

I instantly fell in love with Garrick and Dynaheir
At the same time?

Well not exactly, I really liked Garrick from scratch. I got Dynaheir a bit later on and it took a bit more time (I exaggerated a bit) to like her but after I could dance with her at an Inn I kinda fell for her.

Why? Is that so uncommon or do they fight each other? :D

I think it's safe to say that for the moment you can just go ahead and play the standard Tutu/BGT install with mods. This way you won't have to wait, and, after all, BG1 is a game people replay again and again.

EDIT: But do visit the forums from time to time, or just sign up to G3 news's RSS feed - you won't miss the compatibility announcement this way.

I can't play BG without this. I got about as far into the area where I picked a letter off Gorian's dead body before I realized I wasn't burying him. Everyone's so quiet and they all seem to have so little to say. A geniune lack of mods compatable with BG is essentially a downgraded game. I know we'll get something glorius when you make it compatable, it's just I can't find it in myself to play the game without this.

Archived