Step by step installation for running games on Android (help)

androidgamer

Okay, well, I've wasted a weekend on this to no avail.

I want to run BG1+ToSC on my Samsung Galaxy SII. The so-called installation guide do nothing for me - I'm seriously at a loss here.

I've installed all 6 CDs of BG1+ToSC on my computer. Installed the widescreen mod for gemrb. Copied all the files to the appdata folder. Changed the game name in cfg. But when I run gebrb on my phone it just quits.

My questions are:

1)Do I need to copy CDs as well as the installation folder on my phone?

2)What *exactly* do I need to put in my GemRB.cfg file to run the game at phone's native resolution? (800x480) I ran the BG2 demo and for some reason it was huge - i.e. I could only see part of the screen and, frankly, with constant scrolling it's unplayable.

3)Am I missing anything else?

I would be very glad if someone could help me out, I feel like a monkey with a wrench here

1. I'm pretty sure you need all game data on your phone. But, you need to install them first on a computer, and copy the installed game (sans the exe) on the phone.

2. You need to install the widescreen mod (still on your computer) if you want a non-standard resolution, like 800x480.

3. I'm sure there are lots of missing points. Since i don't have an android, i don't have the chance to know what's wrong.

This is why we ask for logfiles. Seeing the logfile really helps.

Of course you need to change the GameType variable to bg1, not just the cosmetic title. Also check the sticky FAP topic ( :D), since you probably forgot to change the paths.

No, I edited the game type to be bg1. What should I change paths to? The sample cfg worked with the demo, which had the same path, no?

1. I'm pretty sure you need all game data on your phone. But, you need to install them first on a computer, and copy the installed game (sans the exe) on the phone.

2. You need to install the widescreen mod (still on your computer) if you want a non-standard resolution, like 800x480.

3. I'm sure there are lots of missing points. Since i don't have an android, i don't have the chance to know what's wrong.

This is why we ask for logfiles. Seeing the logfile really helps.

>>I've installed all 6 CDs of BG1+ToSC on my computer. Installed the widescreen mod for gemrb.

Allow me to clarify - I've installed the mod and chose the "gemrb" option when it asked what kind of mod to do. I put in 800x480 - my phone's resolution.

Archived