Spawning Monsters

pryorkt

I figured it out. How to respawed more monsters, different monsters and more often. It took a lot of looking at the files but finally after playing with it for a couple of days, figured it out.
While you are at it, do tell.

It's not like you took a couple of days to do that. :p

First, you have to know that I am using Near Infinity to edit. So I will tell what I did using this editor.

Next, I was really just looking for more monsters and more occurances when I rested.

But, I think I figured out how to make monsters appear and more often while resting AND at the spawn locations in the dungeon.

To get more/different/more often monsters when resting:

First, I opened up the AR1201.ARE file. (This is the first dungeon level at Windspear Hills)

There should be 2 tabs on the top, View and Edit. click on the Edit tab.

Scroll down to "Rest spawn creatures" and open.

Another window will open called "Rest spawn creatures" with two columns called "Attribute" and "Value".

Next, under the Value column there will be ".CRE" files (MISTVA01.CRE, MISTCD01.CRE, etc.) next to Creature 1 through Creature 5 in the Attribute column.

I added SHADFI01.CRE, SHADFI02.CRE and SKELWA.CRE in the Value column next to Creature 6-8.

Next, under the Attribute column, there is a space that says "# creatures in list". It should say 5 in the Value column, I changed it to 8.

Next, under the Attribute column, there is a space that says "Chance of encounter". It should say 5 in the Value column (which means 50% chance you will be awakened from your rest), I changed it to 9 for a 90% chance.

Next, under the Attribute column, there is a space that says "Max spawned creautres" In the Value column I changed it to 8.

The "Encounter difficulty" space under the Attribue column, I don't know what this means. There is a 2 for the Value.

To get more/different/more often monsters at the Spawn points:

First, I opened up the AR1201.ARE file. (This is the first dungeon level at Windspear Hills)

There should be 2 tabs on the top, View and Edit. click on the Edit tab.

Scroll down to "Spawn point" and open. (There will be 4 Spawn points, corisponding to the 4 different places that monsters spawn in the dungeon.)

Basically it is the same as above, except for the "Seconds bewteen spawning" box under the Attribue column.

It should have a Value of 65000 or something, I changed it to 1 to test it, and monsters were literally poping up as my party stood there.

Hope this helps, hope I explained it well enough.

You can also do this fairly easily with WeiDU functions.

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0224.are~ ~override~ //AR0224 (West Sewers)
 LPF fj_are_structure
   INT_VAR
   fj_loc_x = 1872
   fj_loc_y = 1654
   fj_dest_x = 1872
   fj_dest_y = 1654
   fj_animation = 0x6100 //fighter_male_human
   fj_orientation = 6 //NW
   STR_VAR
   fj_structure_type = actor
   fj_name = ~Wererat Guardian~
   fj_cre_resref = ~t-wratgu~