Can someone explain to me "multi-resolution" saves, please?

slash213

I'm planning to play PS:T at two PC's simultaneously, transferring saves between them when needed. One has a resolution of 1440x900, another is 1024x768. When installing Widescreen Mod I've selected initial resolution as 1024x768 and maximum resolution as 1440x900.

So what do I do now to avoid any possible bugs? Can I just transfer saves between my two installations without converting them at all? Or should I convert them with Widescreen Mod, losing the "explored flags" every time.

The purpose of the "save resolution" is exactly what you have in mind. You will never need to do convert your save games if you set up both computers before you start playing: I mean starting a new game from the beginning, not using an old save game.

The "save resolution" is used to expand the small areas to be at least of the specified size (the game does'nt handle areas smaller than the display size and would crash). You can select different "display resolution" on the two computers provided you set up Widescreen with the same "save resolution" on both. The save resolution shall be equal or higher than the maximum display resolution, exactly as you did.

Good explanation, but just tiny bit of question comes after that... :p

So when the two games are setup, slash213 only needs to copy the saves from one computer to another, continue play on that one until copying it back... and nothing else, ever ? :D;)

So when the two games are setup, slash213 only needs to copy the saves from one computer to another, continue play on that one until copying it back... and nothing else, ever ? :D;)

Although I never tried with Planescape: Torment, that's what I was able to do with Baldur's Gate indeed. For testing purpose mainly, though.

To improve your chances, I would suggest installing the game (and mods except Widescreen) on one PC, testing that it works, then copying the installation directory to the second computer (adjusting the path in the ini file accordingly). Finally install Widescreen on both.

To improve your chances, I would suggest installing the game (and mods except Widescreen) on one PC, testing that it works, then copying the installation directory to the second computer (adjusting the path in the ini file accordingly). Finally install Widescreen on both.

That would indeed be my recommendation too. Just finish with Widescreen and you're golden :)

Archived