Version 6 of Unfinished Business for Icewind Dale Released

CamDawg

Like its predecessors for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, Unfinished Business for Icewind Dale aims to restore content and quests that were omitted from the game as shipped. The additional content in this mod is based on what I can piece together from various game resources.

v6 Changelog

• Added the Minor Item Restorations component
  • Fixed a bug where Presio's Duel would fail to install on HoW/TotL games if Auril's Bane is installed

Hello! :)

I'm currently playing IWD with the Unfinished Business v6 mod and I think the Glory of Suffering armour (GLORY.ITM) is bugged. I'm guessing this bug was left by the original developers - I understand they just scrapped the whole Voice questline, so it probably didn't get much playtesting back in the day. This is the armour that's given to the player by Sister Calliana in Kuldahar when the player delivers the remains of Durdel Anatha's Voice to her.

The armour carries a penalty of -25 to maximum HP - which works, but it also appears to deal 25 damage upon equipping it. This makes it possible to go into negative HP by repeatedly equipping an unequipping it, although it won't actually kill the character doing it for some reason (at one point I had my Paladin walking around at -18 HP). The really annoying part is that it also appears to do it upon reloading the game. For example - I had 145 HP, equipped the armour (so down to 120 HP now) and saved the game. When I reloaded, I only had 95 HP. When I saved and reloaded again, I was down to 70 HP.

I have taken the liberty of attempting to fix this weird behaviour using the Near Infinity editor - I compared the effect attributes with the Black Wolf Talisman (BWTALIS.ITM), which also modifies maximum HP and changed the few that were different (for the record, they were "Modifier type" and "Dicesize / max level"). It now appears to work properly, i.e. it only reduces the current HP of the character when it would otherwise be more than the new maximum upon equipping the armour.

I am not permitted to attach the file to this post, but if anyone else is having problems with this item - or, if the developer of Unfinished Business (great mod, by the way!) wants to include it in the next revision, feel free to download it:

http://www.hot.ee/majestic/GLORY.ITM

I am not permitted to attach the file to this post, but if anyone else is having problems with this item - or, if the developer of Unfinished Business (great mod, by the way!) wants to include it in the next revision, feel free to download it:

http://www.hot.ee/majestic/GLORY.ITM

I was having this issue, so I saved your file in the Override folder and restarted the game. Now I can re-equip the armor and, most importantly, save and reload the game without losing HP commulatively every time. It only applies the reduction to max HP as it should.

Thank you very much for the fix! I hope it makes it to the next release.

Archived