SR v3.1 and 1PP v4

Anomaly

Hi,

I've read some posts about compatibility between the new 1pp v4 and IR/SR. But it mostly talks about IR, so I'm starting a thread about SR.

I've tried to install SR v3.1 first (all components), then 1pp v4 (all components).

I noticed that 1pp v4 "spell tweak" component failed to install.

This is from 1pp debug file :

Installing [1ppv4: Spell tweaks]

Installing individualised armour effects...

Copying 1 file ...

[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDGARMR.VVC] loaded, 492 bytes

Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDGARMR.VVC] to [override/1WDGARMR.VVC]

Copying 1 file ...

[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDSARMR.VVC] loaded, 492 bytes

Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDSARMR.VVC] to [override/1WDSARMR.VVC]

Copying 1 file ...

[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/GARMORH.BAM] loaded, 31751 bytes

Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/GARMORH.BAM] to [override/GARMORH.BAM]

Copying 1 file ...

[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/SARMORH.BAM] loaded, 39728 bytes

Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/SARMORH.BAM] to [override/SARMORH.BAM]

[./override/SPWI317.SPL] loaded, 1738 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/SPWI317.SPL] loaded, 1738 bytes

override/SPWI317.SPL copied to 1pp/backup/202/SPWI317.SPL, 1738 bytes

Copied [sPWI317.SPL] to [override/SPWI317.SPL]

[./override/SPWI414.SPL] loaded, 826 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/SPWI414.SPL] loaded, 826 bytes

ERROR: illegal 4-byte write (^@^@^@^@) offset 1138 of 826-byte file SPWI414.SPL

ERROR: [sPWI414.SPL] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI414.SPL: write out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [1ppv4: Spell tweaks], rolling back to previous state

Well, it's not a big deal, we might assume then that 1pp did not overwrite any SR change at first sight.

I thought it would be good for everyone to know.

1PPv4 is trying to patch Spirit Armor (spwi414.spl) to apply a new animation, but fails for some reason.

Btw, afaik 1PPv4 is trying to do something SR already did there: assigning new and unique animations to Ghost Armor and Spirit Armor. Afair we even used the very same animations, stolen from IWD games. :D

Hi, I've also ran into problems when trying to install 1pp's "Spell Tweaks" component.

My log files show the exact same illegal 4-byte write error when trying to patch SPWI414.SPL.

Thought I would bring it back to your attention and any advice on how to proceed so that both mods can work together would be greatly appreciated.

This bug still exists with SR v4beta

I think it has been solved in BWP with a patch. I will look at it and report what I have found.

Just wonder:if I install 1pp spell tweaks before SR ? It might be better or create other issues ?

install 1pp spell tweaks before SR ?

This. You won't have some animations (1ppv4 swirling globes for Spell Immunity spell - fwiw I prefer SR (old 1pp) version anyway) but cloud spells will look really nice.

I wasn't able to find anything about this problem in BWP fixpack. It is rather strange because BWP is somehow reliable and spell tweaks is installed after SR.

So, I have installed this component before SR and my install went fine. Finally, I have tested spells in game, again without any problem.

It might not be the best solution but at least, it works and beside, spell animations are not the best part of this game :)

I wasn't able to find anything about this problem in BWP fixpack. It is rather strange because BWP is somehow reliable and spell tweaks is installed after SR.

So, I have installed this component before SR and my install went fine. Finally, I have tested spells in game, again without any problem.

It might not be the best solution but at least, it works and beside, spell animations are not the best part of this game :)

The BWP does actually have a workaround for this, its just not included in the fixpack, and instead is done as part of the install process. The big world project moves the SPWI414.SPL file out of the override folder before installing the 1pp spell components tweak, and then copies it back into the folder once the component is installed.

Archived