Need help getting Fixpack to work

Buddyaces

I installed BG2 SOA first then BG2 TOB, then the latest official patch #26498 from Mofunzone.com. Then I tried to install the fixpack even after I have deleted all my old fixpack files and I get this message.

[C:\Users\Munson\Downloads\setup-bg2fixpack.exe] WeiDU version 21900

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:

dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

But I was looking through my file and I Do have the file DIALOG.TLK, so im not sure why this is not working. I'm using Windows 7 64Bit with dual Nvidia GTX 260s, can someone please help me figure it out so I can enjoy this game again?)

No I'm not sure how to run it in the infinity engine game directory, I was looking through my directorys and I don't see the infinity game directory. I see a lot of other ones like Computer Files (x86) and the one I personally created to put these games in called Oldgames. and Even if I could find the directory how would i run the program in it, when im installing it somehow use the browse button to install it in the infinity engine? I'm just really not sure how I could do this, Could you please let me know if you get a chance, thanks.

No I'm not sure how to run it in the infinity engine game directory, I was looking through my directorys and I don't see the infinity game directory.
Well, a game directory is a game directory... "BGII - SoA"

Now, the BGII is an Infinity Engine game... but that means probably nothing to you so forget about that, and when you run the "bg2fixpack-v9.exe", it's a self extraction program that asks you a directory to extract the files it contains... put the exact game directory's full path on that, something to the effect of : C:\Oldgames\BGII - SoA\ ... and then it will run it's files until it asks language etc... where you failed was to move the extracted files to that folder as the extraction automatically starts the setup-bg2fixpack.exe ... as you extracted the files to the C:\Users\Munson\Downloads\ -folder.

Yay I finally got it to work, thanks to your guys great advice! Really thank you so much Dakk and Jarno Mikkola. I just had to copy the file path of the directory I made "Oldgames" where I have all the BG files and then use Rinwar to extract the Fixpack exe into the correct file path and run it from their. This is going to be soooooo much more fun than playing vanilla BG2. I thought I could do it at first but I was like well I need the official patches, then I want the fix pack and the tweak pack, and the portrait mod, and the quest mod, you know how it is) Anyway its awesome so many people still enjoy games that are so old, so keep the faith, Huzzah!

Archived