Game crashes after mod

Iscarius

Hey, I tried to look around the forum for a solution and couldn't find anything, so I made an account. Hopefully someone can help.

Running the game on Windows 7 64-bit. I have the gog.com version of Baldur's Gate + TotSC. I installed the mod successfully. First, I tried 1920x1080, then 1600x900.

When the game boots up, all the intro sequences are tiny in the upper left corner. When the menu loads, half of it is vertical black lines. When I try to load a save, the game crashes giving the following error:

"As assertion failed in D\dev\Baldur\ChUIContols.cpp at line number 488."

D: is my back-up hard drive and the game is not on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Or alternately, should I just not bother and wait until the Enchanced Edition comes out?

When the game boots up, all the intro sequences are tiny in the upper left corner. When the menu loads, half of it is vertical black lines.
The BG1 Graphical User Interface is dark, cause there's nothing game art to replace the GUI, to fix that, you can use this mod installed after the widescreen mod... PS, for that mod, you need to use smaller view resolution... suggestion is to use the 1280x768 one.

But if you want to play with larger resolution, there will be dark panels, as the Widescreen mod itself doesn't alter the GUI at all, except extends it via the dark panels.

The dark lines, do they seem to be like this, or that or just black panels the above fixes? The first one can be fixed by Disabling the Anti-Aliasing in the Catalyst Control Centre/nVidia Control panel. The second one is caused by installing the GUI mod before the Widescreen mod. :p

Anyone have any ideas?
Try to start a new game, not load a save that was made before the game files were changed... just like you need to do with every mod you install !

Thanks for the advice. I reinstalled the mod without affecting my save game or enabling multiple resolutions. This time, the menus loaded fine without black lines. (They previously looked more like your second example, except just equal alternating lines of black stripe/no stripe.) However, when I tried to start a new game, I now get this error.

"As assertion failed in D\dev\Baldur\ChUI.cpp at line number 773."

K, can't say what the problem is right now.

What does the baldur.ini in the game directory say(open up the file with Notepad or other text tool) about under the [Alias] -word. Something like this:

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\

CD1:=E:\CD1\

CD2:=E:\CD2\

CD3:=E:\CD3\

CD4:=E:\CD4\

CD5:=E:\CD5\

CD6:=E:\CD6\

Archived