How to make my Kit not be able to use any Armour

pryorkt

Is there a .2DA file that allows me to not allow my kit to wear any armour? It is a theif kit I am trying to make.

I tried looking at all the Monk files (because they can't wear any armour) to see if there was something I could copy, but I can't figure anything out.

Is there a .2DA file that allows me to not allow my kit to wear any armour? It is a theif kit I am trying to make.
Nope, but you can make a Kensai Thief of it, this restricts the class not to be able to not to use any armors in the unmodified game. Here's what's you put on the .tp2 line:
// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry
~0x00000004	 4~ 

To get the Thief Kensai... EDIT: Darn, you wanted the ... this is why the usability flags don't really work for mods... the Kensai kit also removes the ability to use the short bows or other ranged objects.

Well, there's the Shapeshifter kit that doesn't get to use armors...

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry
~0x10000000     4~ 

But it also has few other side effects like only able to use "Can only wield Scimitars, Clubs, Darts, Spears, Daggers, Slings, and Staves" ...

I looked at several items (leather armor, chain mail, etc.) and it looks like you can make a certain armor unusable by race or class, or kit within a class, but there is no way to select unusable by a custom kit.

This is true, but you can make it so your kit absorbs the restrictions of another kit by giving it that kit's usability flag in kitlist.2da as Jarno suggests.

There is a way to make a creature unable to use a specific item by giving them a "can't use item" effect (#180) for that item. A kit could apply a spell that does that. However, a restriction as broad as "no armor" would require a ton of effects to cover each item that is an armor.

There is a way to make a creature unable to use a specific item by giving them a "can't use item" effect (#180) for that item. A kit could apply a spell that does that. However, a restriction as broad as "no armor" would require a ton of effects to cover each item that is an armor.

Do you think you could make an example or template of how you to do that. I would be willing to go and apply it to all the armours, but I really have no idea how to make a spell and effect and add it to a kit. The kit I am trying to make, I basically just copied all the stuff I wanted from other kits, but learning a little bit as I go along.

Do you think you could make an example or template of how you to do that. I would be willing to go and apply it to all the armours, but I really have no idea how to make a spell and effect and add it to a kit. The kit I am trying to make, I basically just copied all the stuff I wanted from other kits, but learning a little bit as I go along.
Actually if I read that right, you apply the effect to the kitted creature with spell... so it's not the items themselves. The problem is that if there's an mod added armor, the kits spell won't restrict from that item being usable... unless one makes a list of the items and then uses that to generate the spell...

Now, the question comes, what can you give to this thief kit that could require such a restriction from them ?

To try this, download the .rar file I attached, extract the file in question into your override folder/mod folder, and add the "AP_ij#nolea" to the kits effect files first column... the CLAB**.2DA. The file in question should remove the ability to use the Leather armors... if I got the above correct and I didn't do horrible messes.

ij#nolea.rar

Thanks Jarno, I'll try your .rar file and let you know how it turned out..............

Added it to my kit effects on level 1, started a new game with kit, went over to the table in the first room with the Golem and picked up the leather armor. It was not a shaded item like other items that a character cannot use. Tried to put it on my character where the armor goes and it would not attach to him. So, bottom line is that it works great.

Thanks so much Jarno. If there is any other leather armors in the game that I come across (because I have added some item packs/upgrades to my game), I will just add another line to the effects of the spell ability and add that item. I think that should work.

Archived