TotSC werewolves and +dmg weapons

lapingultah

I hope I even distantly picked off the right forum part; I'm playing with BGTutu, but nevermind the BG2 engine my question only concerns BG1, and TotSC to be more specific.

After dealing with Karoug (Greater Werewolf), Kaishas and finally Selaad & Baresh (last three all Loup Garous), I'm having a hard time figuring out what weapons should work correctly and where. I guess I shouldn't expect too much from my trusted Long Sword +2, but other than that I'm wielding Drizzt's Scimitars (both +3dmg) and Bastard Sword +1, +3 vs. Shapeshifters.

None of those worked with Karoug, only the otherwise crappy Silver Dagger (found in the same shipwreck) did, this is intended - I guess? But what about Kaishas and her husband & co.? Kaishas turned to a Loup Garou and was smashed into pieces so quickly by my melee people only I couldn't see who hit and for how many points, but all of the aforementioned weaponry worked. Then back on the mainland, the two remaining Loup Garou only reacted to the still-ever-so-crappy Silver Dagger and to the Sword of Balduran, which I had acquired by then.

Are all the weapons mentioned earlier working properly with their +dmg abilities, or is the game interpreting those specific shapeshifters, werewolves and loup garous differently from each other?

BG did not use enchantment levels, just simple item flags. Greater lycanthropes are immune to all weapons not flagged as "cold-iron" which is just about everything. From memory only the silver dagger, Balduran's sword, and Kondar can actually hurt them.

Archived