Different stup.tra file for parts of the setup.tp2?

jastey

I want to integrate a stand-alone mod into an existing one. The problem is, that the setup.tp2 uses tra numbers that are already taken by the big mod - and I really do not feel like renumbering by hand.

Is there a way to include the exising setup.tra of the stand-alone mod to be used for compilation if integrated into the big mod, like USING for .d and .baf? Or any other good idea how I can minimize the work (and potential error source)?

Thank you for the suggestion. But I had bad experiences with this feature in the past (traifying strings that where actually code etc.) so I was hoping for something more general where I don't have to edit the existing files of the smaller mod at all.

If you absolutely *have* to, you should be able to use USING to switch out .d and .baf - but not for .tp2.

COMPILE sourceFile list USING traFile list

This command compiles D and BAF source files. If sourceFile is a directory, all D and BAF files within that directory are processed individually. First, this loads all of the traFiles presented. If any of their paths contain %s, the %s is replaced with the languageDirectory of from the Language the user selected. If you specified AUTO_TRA mymod/%s above, WeiDU will also attempt to load mymod/languageDirectory/sourceFile.tra for every sourceFile in the list. Once all of the TRA files are loaded, the D and BAF files are compiled. Any DLGs or BCSs they create or modify are placed in the override directory.

The only way I can think of to do this with .tp2 is ask the bigg to change the parsing behavior, which I don't recommend, or follow CamDawg's approach. Or, manually add an extra several numerals to the source and .tra -

go from @1 to something like @10000 in the original files.

If you don't edit the files of the smaller mod you'll probably have to edit the files of the bigger mod. The simplest solution might be to do a search/replace in the .tp2 and .tra, replacing @ with @99999 or something similar that will guarantee everything will be out of range of the references used by the other mod.

Archived