Enemy wish spell

Silverstar

Wonderful mod, and finally after months of time I had time to delve into game and now happily in Drow city. I have a extremely modded game and I have modified my game myself even further. (ie:edited some spells, items myself with DLTCEP, raised enemy mage/cleric levels and gave them bonus spells etc.)

I have one problem up now, Pert the Adept, the Cowled wizard agent in Spellhold island was high enough lvl to cast a wish spell for the first time in my game. The genie appeared and the wizard wished for 'time to become his servant' and I gasped in horror. But nothing happened. The genie stood there and never granted the wish. I killed the wizard and genie was still there, but had no circle under his feet (or so to speak) thus was untargetable, but my characters auto-attacked it with scripts and killed it too.

I think one script of the enemy genie is broken or something, I remember my genie/efreets had wrong scripts assigned in my game (they did not use their spells) so I had to correct them myself. Mayhap I accidentally assigned a wrong script to the wish genie. I've yet to use this spell myself (and never been a huge fan of it, prefer improved hasted Planetars cutting through imroved drow hordes now) so I don't know if it's also bugged for friendly castings.

A quick solution to fix the script is welcome. I know how to asign scripts to certain enemies with DLTCEP and hopefully can fix this bug if only I know how.

On a completely unrelated note, those earth elementals in Underdark gate were wicked! I am not sure if it is SCS or aTweaks mod, or the combination of both, but there were a lot of Greater and Elder elementals and they all casted earthquakes here and there and went directly for the uncouncious party members, (which I think is aTweaks script, for SCS does not target helpless targets, lol) quickly squashing them flat for a chunky death. (I do not have the component that prevents perma-death, for added challenge) that was really difficult and required a few reloads, especially I was unlucky to attract a horde of Greater Fire elementals to join the fray. Elemental nightmare! Heh, good times.

they all casted earthquakes here and there and went directly for the uncouncious party members,
IIRC aTweaks utilizes the same approach as SCS in regards of attacking helpless targets. Some creatures are not intelligent enough, however, and scripted to go straight for the nearest opponent.
Sounds like the added challenge is effectively negated by God Mode ;)

Well, yeah, in the end I play the game for fun. Having Imoen crushed into tiny chunks just after having her rescued from the asylum is not fun. (although it would make an added challenge, and a realistic approach, but I do not feel guilty reloading.) I enjoy high quality, smart scripting of my enemies and added challenge, and how I try to outsmart them and manage to win in the end.

IIRC aTweaks utilizes the same approach as SCS in regards of attacking helpless targets. Some creatures are not intelligent enough, however, and scripted to go straight for the nearest opponent.

Oh I think that was not 'attack nearest enemy of mine' script there, the elementals went around summons and other NPCs to go and crush poor Immy, who was at the back of the party. Her stoneskins were spent fast by earthquake or other attacks and she was dead quickly before I could cast an invisiblity spell on her, no suprise as those elder elementals do an obscene amount of 40+ dmg per hit. And maybe, even then the elder elementals might just see through invisiblity I am not sure. (The fact that she did not have a melee weapon equipped for an extra +4 damage per hit was just icing on the cake. Heh. Nasty stuff!)

Actually, I think aTweaks is a bit more willing to go for helpless creatures. (That's based on looking at its SSL scripts, not from seeing it in-game.)

Umm, I guess so too, anyway, any pointers on my original problem? I battled the Watcher's keep lvl 1 statues, and sure enough, one female wizardess (ugh I am not sure if there is such a word in English language) casted Wish and wished for time to become his servant. Nothing happened. Djinni stood there too until he got unsummoned later. I can pretend she just failed her WIS check. Happens to the best of us. Still a fun battle, though. I might be tempted to add 4-5 comet spells to those enemies via SK, I bet their scripts are smart enough to cast them, and a comet spell hurts bad. It is even more dangerous than Dragon Breath. My party can escape the area effect of Dragon Breath quickly. Comet, not quite so.

Okay, did some testing and Wish spell is only broken in my current save game. If I start a new game and make a new save game, all enemies who use Wish use it correctly. Pert the Adept gets a Wish in my install and it works as it should, he was able to stop the time and gain improved alacrity.

However, in my main game I fought Draconis human form, and he casted two wishes but none worked. He phrases his wish, but the djinni just stays there, untargetable, not moving, nothing happens. I CLUAconsoled Pert the Adept, he casted wish and same thing happened. Wish spells do not work here in my current save game, no matter which enemy casts it.

I think there may be a global variable or some such went wrong in my current save game, though I have no idea how enemy wish spells work. They do work in other save games of the same installation, just not in my current save game, which is a huge bummer. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived