7.13 Run Through

To start, I'm running multiplayer and my WeiDU.log is as follows:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Game ends when the main character dies: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // BG2-style journal [work in progress]: v7.13

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2292 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Druid Spell Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v9

So far here's what I found:

AR2004 - Uligar's archer failed to go hostile the first time I fought the battle. Reran it and he did...

AR2101 - Orrick went hostile when a pickpocket failed. Is this vanilla behavior? I was also able to pickpocket more than vanilla: potion of absorption, wand of polymorph and a dagger +2.

AR2107 - Oswold has some extra items as well that can be pickpocketed beyond vanilla: one each potion of explosions, potion of fire resistance, potion of fiery burning.

AR3000 - There is an actual Shadow, not a Lesser Shadow, near the entrance to K's tomb at about 3154.716. And it *does* drain strength.

Finished the Vale of Shadows.

AR3503 - Found two more actual Shadows, just inside the northern alcove. The other four along the walls are Lesser Shadows.

AR2113 - Gerth still doesn't buy keys, contrary to what he claims and vanilla does. I'll find out about books after the next area.

That's it for tonight.

Finished through level 1 of Dragon's Eye. With "Spawns are always at maximum difficulty" I'm not sure if the enemy AI calls are going further out or not. I suspect it is, especially after the first level of Dragon's Eye. In the southern area, I had two sword and two wraith spiders join in with the bombardier beetles. They should have remained in the alcove south of Erevain's body. After dealing with a couple of spiders there I found a sword spider unable to move. It was hostile but immobile. It has certainly been an interesting and challenging run so far.

No other problems noted so far, and no map CTD's.

Finished Dragon's Eye.

AR4003 - Undead Lieutenant at 2018.1504 didn't go hostile after dialog, but did when attacked. Possible failed dialog trigger?

AR4004 - The Eldathin are supposed to cast a spell on themselves before attacking. They didn't, but the Yuan-ti appeared to be under the spell instead (they were partially transparent).

I'd forgotten just how much better the "calls" worked in this conversion over vanilla. And how "Spawns are always at maximum difficulty" impacted the number of enemies. Certainly has left me with some challenges...

No problems with the return to Kuldahar. Next up - the Severed Hand.

Just finished the Severed Hand.

AR5202/03, AR5301/02 - The clerics and acolytes are enemy (red foot circles) when you enter, not neutral (blue foot circles). They don't act hostile until attacked. As I recall they are to become hostile when you move into certain areas in the room or attack them.

One other item. BG2 Tweaks component "Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables" (I wanted the druid to advance the same as the cleric) isn't working...

Just finished the Severed Hand.

AR5202/03, AR5301/02 - The clerics and acolytes are enemy (red foot circles) when you enter, not neutral (blue foot circles). They don't act hostile until attacked. As I recall they are to become hostile when you move into certain areas in the room or attack them.

And, for completeness sake, also from certain conversation options.

One more almost forgotten item from the Severed Hand.

AR5303 - Northwest area where the shadowed orc ambush occurs, I found three shaman and several grunts visible before the ambush was triggered. I hope this doesn't happen in the TotLM section...

As for Upper Dorn's Deep, I'm ready to enter the Tiers of the Dead. Only one problem noted.

AR6004 - There is a gap between 898.982 and 962.902 where you can get to the upper floor without using the steps. The comment at the foot of the west stairs (and I assume the east stairs as well) is the wrong message - it's from the crates in AR1201.

Finished with Tiers of the Dead, Wyrm's Tooth and the Aquarium of Alkonos. The only problems noted so far are from Upper Dorn's Deep.

AR6004 - The info trigger at the base of the left steps has been noted. Re-entered the room for the first time to check the one at the base of the right steps and it did nothing. Needs to be checked.

AR6013 - Has the same movement gap as AR6004, between 898.982 and 962.902.

AR6014 - I tried to re-enter Bandoth's lab after completing the Razorvine quest and Tiers of the Dead, intent on returning Kalabac's journal. All I get is a CTD. I had this in previous runs as well.

Next: Joril's Cave.

AR6014 - I tried to re-enter Bandoth's lab after completing the Razorvine quest and Tiers of the Dead, intent on returning Kalabac's journal. All I get is a CTD. I had this in previous runs as well.

As I recall, I tried reasonably hard to replicate this, and couldn't.

If you have a saved game that reliably reproduces this result, could you send it to me? (david dot wallace at balliol dot ox dot ac dot uk)

I've finished Joril's caverns, and the main entry of Lower Dorn's Deep.

Winter wolves don't seem to use their breath weapon quickly enough when they attack. Most died biting without breathing.

Seth called for his thieves to attack outside Marketh's Palace then became hostile (red foot circle, shouldn't it remain blue?) and moved west toward the bridge instead of east and into the palace. He does EscapeArea after a few moments, though.

One item observed regarding cleric and mage books. The cleric "scroll" has the scroll buttons, the mage does not and I have a mage with a full page (fourth level, I believe). TobEX issue.

AR8009 - The three umber hulks hiding behind walls are visible and immobile if you restore from a save in the area. Had the same thing happen in Severed Hand.

AR8012 - The Fallen Temple has a bad wall at (147.1320 to 118.1347) and (572.1423 to 570.1404). Not fun having those boneguard skeletons coming up behind the party...

The only thing left is the Greater Forge. No other problems noted in Lower Dorn's, and the Severed Hand Arboretum works properly.

I finished the main game with no further problems noted - except that when I returned to the main screen I had no mouse. I had to exit the game by going to the desktop first.

[EDITED ACCIDENTALLY BY DAVID - sorry, Grogerson, I was trying to reply and accidentally edited your post instead! Can you repost that notice about Purvis?]

Archived