7.13 Run Through

I just finished the surface area of the Burial Isle. No problems with the creatures there. The only problem I found was with Moradin's Staff. It didn't work when I tried to resurrect Holvir. I used three charges before using [CTRL]+[R] to bring him back. Other than the use of charges, I saw nothing to show success or failure on use or anything indicating an attempt to cast the spell/use the staff.

Now on to the Barrows.

Finished the Barrows, and the return to Lonelywood. Then the surface of the Gloomfrost and the Remorhaz cave. So far the only items of note are a "phantom" Emmerich when I returned to Lonelywood and followed the party until I talked to Emmerich in his store. And Purvis had an extra healing potion in addition to what could be pick-pocketed.

I did have one irritation in the Barrows - choppy movement, sometimes taking several seconds for the animation to catch up to the audio action. It became worse with area effect spells such as web, entangle or spike growth.

I did have one irritation in the Barrows - choppy movement, sometimes taking several seconds for the animation to catch up to the audio action. It became worse with area effect spells such as web, entangle or spike growth.
Do have a try at figuring the cause... have you set the Ambient sounds off ? If it goes away that way, there's little you can do as of right now (except doing so), if not though, try the full list of known things to try out. And have you noticed any of this before ? Hmm, the Generalized bffing could also help, but I also have my doubts about that.

And as of comments, it's very good that you try this, I wish I had the space and time for another IwDinBG2 run.

Thanks for the link, Jarno. I'll look into it. The stutter/slowdown only occurred on the Burial Isle and the Barrows.

Good news is I've reached the transition to the Sea of Moving Ice without problems. Angaar was where he should be, no animation problems when the dragon fled Wylfdene's body, even the mess in Lonelywood with Purvis and the assassination team looking for Kieren.

Ready to enter the dragon's lair now. There were two items of note, both inthe Sahuagin Temple (AR9603). The first was the Ice Golems. They went hostile prematurely twice. The first time the thief went to disable the trap it stood upon. The second the thief simply stood next to it. They should be immovable and remain neutral until attacked.

The worst problem I encountered was a CTD. It happened three times, each with the same error. From the TobEx.log file:

[Fri 02 Nov 2012 21:52:47] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File:
ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette:
LoadFrame() failed
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.23.2.12 (Fri 02 Nov 2012 21:52:58)

Tomorrow I should finish with Icasaracht...

I've finally finished the HoW expansion. So far the only major issues are Bandoth being unreachable when trying to return after finishing the razorvine quest and the extreme stuttering on the Burial Isle/Barrows.

Now on to Trials of the Luremaster expansion...

I've just entered the castle, having cleared the courtyard, towers and crypt. The only item of note are the stairs of the courtyard. They can be reached from too many directions.

AR9700 - a line should be made impassible from (1903.659) to (1791,442) for the east stairs, the west stairs from (797.1285) to (607.908) to ???.

AR9710 - a line should be made impassible from (607.839) to (356.540).

AR9709 - a line should be made impassible from (450.499) to (720.826).

One last item. The trapped chests in AR9705 all trigger, including the one with the scroll. I thought that one wasn't supposed to.

I've finished Trials of the Luremaster without major problems. Here's a couple of observations, though.

After the Burial Isle the spell Web didn't seem to work. I'd see the casting animation, it would say it was cast, but no indications it activated (Entangle worked just fine).

In the final battle with the Luremaster you face six spectral heros to start. As one dies, another should take their place until a full dozen are slain. The replacements never appeared.

Edit: Additional observations.

AR9718 - Two of the three slimes were overlapping and stopping each other along the far right wall.

AR9801 (Day Cave) - When I first entered the Stone Nuisances weren't there, probably displaced by the two Jackalwere shaman.

When I returned to the Whistling Gallows I found Hobart there - the shopkeeper Hobart. I don't mind. It just gives an extra chance to get more fire arrows and potions of extra healing. It also explains why I would at times see two Hobarts by the fire pit.

Finishing up the Heart of Winter, the only item I notices were the water kin elementals in AR9603. All five appeared to be over the floor instead of in the water.

As a request for an option, add BAG04 and BAG05 (bag of holding and ammo belt) to the Kuldahar stores. The bag will hold several items, including armor, neither of the others will and there are no ammo belts in the game.

And will the name of this conversion change when it comes out of BETA? Since it uses a modified TUTU converter, the default directory makes sense for the actual mod title - Icewind TUTU.

I've got plenty of time this week, so decided to do full run through of this version.

Single player and this log should tell the rest...

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.13

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // BG2-style journal [work in progress]: v7.13

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate class for Holvir -> Holvir, cavalier

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Alternate class for Severn -> Severn, sorcerer

~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v4

So far I've made it to Kresselack's tomb and found 2 things.

In Kuldahar you can pickpocket Hjollder for Warhammer +4:Defender. I've tried to pickpocket him in v.7.10 and 7.11 (maybe also in 7.12), but coudn't get anything from him that early. It was only possible to get that hammer from him in the burial isle (and maybe later).

Holvir (cavalier) can't use gauntlets of weapon skill.

Edit. Same thing with bracers ac6 (ac8 he can) and Kaylessa's gloves.

I also tried if it's just him or all cavaliers, and it's all.

I'm now halfway through Severed hand...

Noticed these things that Grogerson already reported

AR3000 - There is an actual Shadow, not a Lesser Shadow, near the entrance to K's tomb at about 3154.716. And it *does* drain strength.

AR3503 - Found two more actual Shadows, just inside the northern alcove. The other four along the walls are Lesser Shadows.

AR4004 - The Eldathin are supposed to cast a spell on themselves before attacking. They didn't, but the Yuan-ti appeared to be under the spell instead (they were partially transparent).

I have only 2 more things to add.

Stoneskin. When you cast it you get stoneskin and spirit armor portrait icons.

That's not so bad, it's only icons. You don't (or I havn't noticed) get any of the spirit armor benefits.

But when you get hit and the stoneskin goes down, you lose only the stoneskin icon and recasting the spell won't do anything before the spirit armor icon also disappears... and that usually only happens if you travel or rest.

The bone talisman that serrated skeleton drops (ar5003) is one of those single use items.

No new bugs found since my last post and zero crashes in this playthrough.

Untill I entered Lower Dorns Deep that is...

There the map doesn't look right.

Take a look at the pic I've attached and you'll see what the map was like when I entered.

Also the "green box" can't be moved all the way to the right or down. It's limited to the unrevealed area.

I managed to fix the map problem.

There's this special UK patch...

Some of our UK customers have reported problems entering Lower Dorn's using the UK version of Icewind Dale. We have discovered that a later batch of CD 2's had a duplication error that caused the area data for the entrance to Lower Dorns to be corrupt, causing Icewind Dale to crash.

If I don't install that patch into the mod folder the game crashes when I enter LDD. But it was also that patch that messed up the map.

The solution was simply removing the ar8001.mos that the patch creates from the override folder.

After doing very little in LDD, I decided to move on to the HoW part.

There everything worked just fine, untill I made it to the Burial isle.

I've had some stutter/slowdowns there before, but this time it was much worse.

After I tried what Jarno suggested for Grogerson and turned ambient sounds off it was much better... Infact better than ever before.

After I was done there I pickpocketed Hjollder for another hammer and asked him to get us back to Kuldahar.

Like always for me, he's invisible back there.

From there I went back to LDD (forgot to do one thing there).

Talked with Seth and expected him to run away. But he decided to go hostile and just stand there... I waited for about 5 secs and then just killed him.

Then the fun started and the thieves attacked. I don't remember how many of those there's supposed to be, but after I killed them all and counted the kills, the result was 27. The good thing is they didn't all attack at once, but in 2 big and 2 small groups.

Archived