Fog of war flicker in Planescape: Torment.

Saduun

Hi there.

A few days ago I installed PS:T, followed by the Widescreen Mod and the FixPack. Everything works smoothly, except for the fog of war. Whenever I scroll around the screen, it flickers. I've searched all over for solutions to this problem, and none have worked. I've tried the DDraw Fix, the old PST-fix, changing around Compatability options, all to no avail. Is there a way to fix this? I'd even be happy with removing the fog of war entirely, if that's what it took. The flickering drives me nuts.

Any help is very appreciated - thank you in advance!

A few days ago I installed PS:T, followed by the Widescreen Mod and the FixPack. Everything works smoothly, except for the fog of war. Whenever I scroll around the screen, it flickers. I've searched all over for solutions to this problem, and none have worked. I've tried the DDraw Fix, the old PST-fix, changing around Compatability options, all to no avail. Is there a way to fix this? I'd even be happy with removing the fog of war entirely, if that's what it took. The flickering drives me nuts.
There's exact same problem with the IwDII and the only solution is to lower the resolution size to one that doesn't flicker... the PST GUI mod should definitelly have a size that doesn't flicker... a 1920x1200 probably will, while a 1680x1050 might not, so to speak.

PS: the desktop resolution setter is a good indicator on what the different options are that you have.

I think it's from the dithering pattern combined with screen tearing.
Yeah, I even have this on this image when I scroll it up and down, on the last three squires, using the 1920x1200 resolution:

Dithering_example_red_blue.png

Making evident that the larger resolutions worsen the problem obviously.

There's exact same problem with the IwDII and the only solution is to lower the resolution size to one that doesn't flicker... the PST GUI mod should definitelly have a size that doesn't flicker... a 1920x1200 probably will, while a 1680x1050 might not, so to speak.

PS: the desktop resolution setter is a good indicator on what the different options are that you have.

Thank you for the reply!

I ran the Widescreen mod again, this time setting the resolution to 1680 x 1050 (down from 1920 x 1080), and it worked! No more flickering!

I very much appreciate your help! Thank you once again!

Archived