IWD Tweaks v14 Available

CamDawg

This is a collection of tweaks that have been assembled for Icewind Dale. They were almost all made for BG2 by Idobek and CamDawg, and cannibalized by Andyr to work for Icewind Dale. It is a compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

v14 changelog

• Recoded Wear Multiple Protection Items (P&P Style) to fix some bugs and generally behave better. Unfortunately, Mantle of the Coming Storm and Mirror of Black Ice Amulet are no longer covered due to some unresolvable bugs with charges
  • Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P now includes pickpocketing and stealth bonuses for not wearing armor. The player will now receive a 5% bonus to both skills when wearing a robe or no armor.
  • The Two-Handed Bastard Swords component has been restored
  • Streamlined and updated a lot of code throughout the mod
  • Fixed a potential bug with Force All Dialogue to Pause that could mis-index dialogue files
  • Fixed a bug with Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters as it was calculating the break points incorrectly for high-level divine spells
  • Updated the Russian translation--thanks to prowler and the arcanecoast.ru translation team

Just finished a second run through with the same party. All were single class, first run on core, second on insane. I cobbled together a Level 50 rule set, and installed it when I found several members had hit the level 30 ceiling.

How about adding a level cap changing component with caps at level 20 (adding challenge on second runs like mine), 40 and 50?

It appears to be 30th. As for the first run through they capped below that, but some were over 20th. A second time through on core would have hit the limit for most, if not all. And as I stated, it would be for those going through with an already experienced group.

And I've no idea what Heart of Fury mode would do to the XP. I'm not *that* insane (yet)!!!

Archived