IWD UFB: can't get Pale Justice

facorreia

[spoiler ALERT]

I have Icewind Dale, GoG version with extensions, and Unfinished Business for Icewind Dale v6 installed.

As far as I can see, I've finished the "Voice of Durdel Anatha" quest. I've killed the idol and talked to all the priests at the Black Temple. After that, I encountered The Voice wandering Lower Dorn's Deep and talked to him, saying that Nym caused the war. He made his speech and gave me his remains to return to be disposed of. So I returned to the Temple of Ilmater at Kuldahar and delivered the remains to Sister Calliana (and received the reward).

And even after doing all that, there is no way to reach Pale Justice in the Artisan's District. The 2 doors that are supposed to burst open in the non-modded game are closed, and there doesn't seem to be any way to open them or otherwise get to the place Pale Justice is.

I don't know if anything went wrong. Maybe I was supposed to talk to The Voice only when I was in the Artisan's District, not in Lower Dorn's Deep where I encountered him? Anyway it seems there is still a rough edge at the end of this quest.

Note: In order not to be stuck, I got the sword using the GETYOURCHEATON:Hans(); teleport cheat.

My WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v6

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v6

// Recently Uninstalled: ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v4

// Recently Uninstalled: ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v4

~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v4

~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v4

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Higher stacks for normal missiles in stores

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Ammo belts

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Ammo belt available in Conlan's smithy (Kuldahar)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #3 // Ammo belt available in Edion's store (burial isle)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ammo belt available in Emmerich's archery (Lonelywood)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #5 // Ammo belt available in Pomab's store (Easthaven)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #6 // Ammo belt available in Lehland's shop (Severed Hand)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #7 // Ammo belt available in Tiernon's forge (Gloomfrost)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved bags of holding

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #9 // New bag of holding in Gerth's shop (Kuldahar)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #10 // New bag of holding in Waukeen's temple (Lonelywood)

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #11 // Bottomless gem, potion and scroll bags

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #12 // Higher (500 items) stacks for gems, missiles and potions

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #13 // Happy dual-classing

~SETUP-IWD1-EASE-1D1.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved spell learning for bards and mages

Could you open your console and try

CheckVar("Voice_Quest","GLOBAL")

The same action that gives you the Voice's bones should be setting this to 2, which is what triggers the Artisan district doors. I don't think youe other mods would be interfering with this either.

Could you open your console and try

CheckVar("Voice_Quest","GLOBAL")

The same action that gives you the Voice's bones should be setting this to 2, which is what triggers the Artisan district doors. I don't think youe other mods would be interfering with this either.

At the point I'm now, after having delivered the bones at the Kuldahar temple, that displays GLOBAL::VOICE_QUEST = 3. Walking around the area where the access to Pale Justice is supposed to be, nothing happens.

I reloaded a game after having conquered the Black Temple. VOICE_QUEST was 1. Then I talked to the priest that summons The Voice and after that I talked to The Voice right there in the Black Temple, using the line where I tell him about the war, etc. He gave me his bones and VOICE_QUEST changed to 2.

I immediately went to the Artisan's District, but the access to Pale Justice was not triggered (I assume those doors would open).

See attached picture and save file.

Thank you for your assistance and feel free to ask anything else if I can help you debug this. I searched the web and other people seem to have had the same issue.

000000081-THEVOICE.zip

post-6187-0-00807500-1352155213_thumb.jpg

Alright, after looking through your game file I finally see what I've been missing and why I had been unable to replicate. UB alters the trigger to only open the door when the Voice has been pacified. However, the trapped flag is being removed from the area when the party enters the trigger area, regardless of whether anything in the trap script returns true--i.e. the game thinks the trap's been sprung regardless of whether anything happens. Since it's flagged as a sprung trap, it can never be opened on future visits.

I've got this fixed on my local copy and we'll have it for v7. Rather than altering the trap script, the area script enables/disables the trap as appropriate.

Archived