SCS support for BG:EE

DavidW

I have a weird bug where if I dismiss Imoen from the party and send her to the friendly arm inn she responds with Kagain's dialogue of 'as it so happens I have business in those parts anyway. Look me up if you need some more dwarven muscle.' She goes to the place fine enough it's just a bit odd hehe.

My installation:

BGEE V1.2

BG2 Tweaks

SCS

Make Raasad a sun soul monk

If you need further info let me know.

Hmm, I've done a fresh install with BG2 Tweaks and SCS, fresh save file with a new character and I'm still getting this error. Furthermore, when Imoen is at the inn, her dialogue just loops and you cannot get her back into the party. I don't know if there's something conflicting with tweaks perhaps?

Hmm, I've done a fresh install with BG2 Tweaks and SCS, fresh save file with a new character and I'm still getting this error. Furthermore, when Imoen is at the inn, her dialogue just loops and you cannot get her back into the party. I don't know if there's something conflicting with tweaks perhaps?

This might be a Tweaks bug, not SCS. On my game, BG2Tweaks cause weird description lines in BG:EE. You might want to try uninstalling Tweaks and see if the bug still occurs.

This might be a Tweaks bug, not SCS. On my game, BG2Tweaks cause weird description lines in BG:EE. You might want to try uninstalling Tweaks and see if the bug still occurs.

I'll give it a go, but it would be a real shame if the two are not compatible :(

Edit: I have now tried uninstalling tweaks and the error still occurs (again tried a new char with a fresh save). I can try a totally fresh install file as well though!

As an update. I've done a clean install today with V25 and tweaks. The problem still occurs BUT if I talk to Imoen at the inn she has been sent to, the 'end dialogue' button appears at the bottom when you have the option to send her somewhere else. Clicking that puts her dialogue back to normal and I can get her back in the party. Not perfect but at least I don't have dump tweaks or dump Imoen in a dungeon never to be heard of again. I guess she's just having a racial identity crisis when she talks about dwarven muscle :)

Okay, the "dwarven muscle" thing is my fault - and apologies for not checking it more carefully previously. You're right that it's purely cosmetic - one line in her dialog is accidentally replaced with Kagain's go-to-inns line. I'll upload a fixed version shortly. If you want to fix it locally, edit stratagems/gameplay/wait_at_inns.tpa, find the table entry on row "imoen" that reads "20812", and change it to "20811".

Archived