Fighter Kit Idea Pitch

Morty

I've decided to get into the modding scene. Hopefully I'll be able to make the mod using the guides from this site. However, before I start messing around with WeiDU, I need to know what it'll be.

The baseline idea is that of a Fighter kit that's lightly armored and skilled. The features right now are as follows:

• Can use Offensive and Defensive Spin like the Blade kit
  • Can wear no armor heavier than Studded Leather and can only become Specalized in ranged weapons.

My question is, does this look balanced? Or could it use some more restrictions? Or perhaps less? I intend it to be balanced for BGT and/or Enchanced Edition.

You know what? Screw balance, it sounds like fun, I like the bard spins :)

Some random suggestions:

-adding in improved haste as a special ability every 4 levels from say level 12 (to further emphasise the speed - this kicks in just slightly above when a mage accesses level 6 spells, which would include improved haste - so is balanced in that sense)

-restricting the kit to be able to use only smaller weapons (eg short swords/daggers) to emphasise this fighter does relatively weak damage, but more often (if that is the sort of fighter you're imagining)

-restricting the kit to be able to use only smaller weapons (eg short swords/daggers) to emphasise this fighter does relatively weak damage, but more often (if that is the sort of fighter you're imagining)
Erhm, that's quite impossible without a lot of screws... it's better to restrict their specialization/mastering of the big weapons, is it not.

It's possible to restrict the kit to use the Studded leather, at least in theory, in practice if you install any mods that change items, your restriction might not hold anymore, the theory suggests that you use the Stalkers usability flag, that is in this:

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry 
 ~0x00010000	 2~

Improved haste... hm. It could work. Sadly, restricting him to smaller weapons doesn't fit my intentions - I want it to be able to use all melee weapons and plan to play it myself using a Two-Handed Sword.

Thanks for the advice about armor restriction. I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process using the guide, but first I want to get a solid idea of what I want this kit to do and how to accomplish it.

Best bet is to start by writing up the nature and function of the kit, and even better if you include a little information about how and why it came about, and from which race (including subrace, if appropriate) and which culture the kit comes.

The more you turn it over in your mind, and sketch out details about it, the more creative ideas you might come up with to add to and further shape the kit :)

Happy modding!

Archived