Tweak Pack and BG:EE

maplejar

I installed this in BG:EE just now and the component to alter the weapon proficiency system (Wakizashis move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Katana proficiency, Ninja-tos move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Short Sword proficiency, and Morningstars move from Flail/Morningstar to Mace proficiency) doesn't seem to work. Well, at least the description on a Wakizashi isn't changed, and the proficiency option still says "Scimitar / Wakizaski / Ninjato". Also, the description of the Katana now reads "Missing String [#31880]". I installed a lot of the components, so I don't know if this is the one that's caused the trouble with the missing string, and I don't have any other mods installed. I tried to attach my debug and log files, but the site won't allow me to.

Update: I uninstalled this component, and now the Katana description is back to normal. So indeed it was a problem with this component.

I have also discovered that the tweak to change Khalid to a Fighter/Mage for some reason prevents him from spawning into the Friendly Arm when you first arrive. This of course make both him and Jaheira unrecruitable as Jaheira's dialog is supposed to pass off to Khalid, but since it never does it just ends. If you try to talk to her again, she just wishes you well on your travels.

I installed this in BG:EE just now and the component to alter the weapon proficiency system (Wakizashis move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Katana proficiency, Ninja-tos move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Short Sword proficiency, and Morningstars move from Flail/Morningstar to Mace proficiency) doesn't seem to work. Well, at least the description on a Wakizashi isn't changed, and the proficiency option still says "Scimitar / Wakizaski / Ninjato". Also, the description of the Katana now reads "Missing String [#31880]". I installed a lot of the components, so I don't know if this is the one that's caused the trouble with the missing string, and I don't have any other mods installed. I tried to attach my debug and log files, but the site won't allow me to.

The problem here is that BGEE uses "ninjatō" with the fancy and unnecessary ō. This caused the match-and-replace routine in the item description to fail even though the proficiencies were updated. WeiDU doesn't really support the extended character set used by BGEE, but this is fixed for v11--it'll change the prof to Short Sword/Ninja-To without the fancy ō.

Update: I uninstalled this component, and now the Katana description is back to normal. So indeed it was a problem with this component.

I haven't been able to replicate this. Did you move your dialog.tlk or hardlink it?

I have also discovered that the tweak to change Khalid to a Fighter/Mage for some reason prevents him from spawning into the Friendly Arm when you first arrive. This of course make both him and Jaheira unrecruitable as Jaheira's dialog is supposed to pass off to Khalid, but since it never does it just ends. If you try to talk to her again, she just wishes you well on your travels.

Yep, I'm missing a command in here to make this work. I've got it fixed for v11 as well.

I hard linked it as you described in the BGEE forums. I also have recently found a magical / cursed Katana that dropped off of one of the forest maps near the Gnoll Stronghold that still has its description string missing as well. I'm not sure why. Shadow Keeper describes it as "Katana +2, Tsu-O-Shi", but in-game it says "Missing String [#31859]". I still have that component uninstalled, so maybe it was something else. I'm not sure, but I still don't have any other mods installed.

Yeah, the problem you're describing is consistent with an overwritten/alternate dialog.tlk, which is what has me concerned. Make a copy of setup-bg2_tweaks.exe and name it weidu.exe, then run this at the commane line:

weidu --change-log cdkat2.itm

Tsu-O-Shi is my item from the Exotic Items pack.

I did this and here is the output:

[weidu] WeiDU version 23100

[./CHITIN.KEY] 194 BIFFs, 34580 resources

[./dialog.tlk] 31931 string entries

[weidu] Using scripting style "BG1"

override/cdkat2.itm

[bg2_tweaks/languages/english/description_updates.tra] has 14 translation strings

[bg2_tweaks/languages/english/setup.tra] has 435 translation strings

Mods affecting CDKAT2.ITM:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v10

SK and WeiDU both update the local dialog.tlk while the game uses lang/en_US/dialog.tlk. The only way you're seeing different results in SK and the game is because the tlk isn't actually linked. If you right-click on both and select properties, I'm sure you'll see differences.

I'd suggest uninstalling the mod, deleting the dialog.tlk in the 00766 folder, re-linking dialog.tlk, and then re-installing.

I did this, and when I went to launch the game it had an update waiting. Just out of curiosity, I made a backup of the lang folder version of the dialog.tlk. I applied the update, loaded up my save with the cursed katana, and the had the same error. I quit the game, copied my backup of dialog.tlk to the lang folder, and loaded up the game. The description is working. I know it tells you that modifications to files will be overwritten when you update, so is it that no one else who has mods installed is applying any of the official updates, or is there some way I don't know of to keep everything working properly without having to reinstall every component over and over every time I patch?

The problem here is that BGEE uses "ninjatō" with the fancy and unnecessary ō. This caused the match-and-replace routine in the item description to fail even though the proficiencies were updated. WeiDU doesn't really support the extended character set used by BGEE, but this is fixed for v11--it'll change the prof to Short Sword/Ninja-To without the fancy ō.

I am not sure what to search for if I want to do a Replace_Textually. Any suggestions?

Archived