BG1 Mod Choices

Kiro-San

With EE being released I've decided to go back to my old attempt to port BG1 to BG2 (on TuTu v4) and finish it off, or in this case restart it. After doing a fair bit of reading during the night it seems I've got 2 main options (I think) and a few optional bits to throw in and one option I'm not clear on. So basically I think either I go for:

BG1 TotSC + BG2 ToB + Easy TuTu, BG tweak pack (optional), wide screen mod

BG1 TotSC + BG2 ToB + BGT-WeiDU, BG tweak pack (optional), wide screen mod

I've a bit about BWS/BWP but I'm not sure on how it fits with the two TC's or if it's primarily a BG2 mod collection. I'm just not sure which is the best option or even if I've got my options right, it's been a long night shift! Cheers for your help.

If you're only looking to play BG1 in the BG2 engine, use EasyTutu. It's like the old Tutu but easier to install.

If you want to play BG1 in the BG2 engine and then keep playing right on through SoA and ToB, use BGT.

You will have a number of mods available other than the BG2 Tweak Pack no matter which conversion you choose. There's a list of quite a few of them here.

I've a bit about BWS/BWP but I'm not sure on how it fits with the two TC's or if it's primarily a BG2 mod collection.
Well it fits in so that it makes the BGT's mod choice to be easier if you intent to install a lot of mods, as it gives you an install order and a full customization. It's not the easiest tool to use if you do not read everything all the panels say about it !

All you need is a full BG2 install with the ToB patch, and the BG1+TotSC+patched to v5512 or v5521, if you want the BG1's content, a lot of free hardware space (~30GB), the rest of the process the program will walk you though.

Edit: make sure to use the latest version of the BWS, not some ancient one... and even if you don't end up on using the BWS, you might want to make sure that you read the FAQ for the Megamods link in my signature, it has way a lot of info... a lot that you might not need exactly right now, but it's a good reference on stuff.

Alright cool so I definitely do want to carry on into BG2 after BG1 so it looks like BGT is the way forward. I'll take a look at BWS as well and give it a good read. Also gonna need to make some space on my HDD! Cheers for your help guys.

Hmm oddly all the text in game is super blurry. It was the same when I was making my character too. I did the default BWP install via BWS. I can "un-blur" the text by running my mouse over it but as soon as the cusor moves away it blurs up (it's a gradual thing). I've tried turning off anti-aliasing but it didn't help. I'm running a 680 GTX but I'll try turning off hardware 3d to see if it helps.

Hmm oddly all the text in game is super blurry. It was the same when I was making my character too. I did the default BWP install via BWS. I can "un-blur" the text by running my mouse over it but as soon as the cusor moves away it blurs up (it's a gradual thing). I've tried turning off anti-aliasing but it didn't help. I'm running a 680 GTX but I'll try turning off hardware 3d to see if it helps.
Hmm, did you try the game without any mods ? As this is that sort of a problem probably. Hmm, there might be help in reading this thread too.

Archived