Outstanding bugs

About Viconia: My bad. Next time I'll check game files before posting. :hm:

This is a suggested tweak, I'm assuming?

Yes, 5/1 on lvl 8 means she had 3/1 on lvl 1, which is not possible for any legitimate character.

When Anomen changes alignment he has access to evil-alignment spells, and fixpack corrects it. What about Viconia's alignment change? Does she correctly gains access to good-alignment spells (being neutral after change)?

Berserker Warrior summoned with Horn of Valhalla has only BG1 axe proficiency and they are always 1 less than maximum avaiable for fighter of equal level. Also his class is fighter and kit is none (but has ring which gives berserking, so it's only cosmetic inconsistency).

Edited by Legion
This is a suggested tweak, I'm assuming?

Yes, 5/1 on lvl 8 means she had 3/1 on lvl 1, which is not possible for any legitimate character.

Ah, I get you now. I'd like to see the Anomen issue corrected in the Fixpack since it was introduced by the Fixpack, but there's nothing that really indicates Mazzy's proficiencies are a bug. The NPCs break all sorts of rules that PCs have to follow, and the maximum-of-two-stars-in-a-weapon-at-level-one rule isn't even enforced in BG2 character generation.

When Anomen changes alignment he has access to evil-alignment spells, and fixpack corrects it. What about Viconia's alignment change? Does she correctly gains access to good-alignment spells (being neutral after change)?

Let's see...

Anomen Has Access to Evil-Alignment Cleric Spells After Changing to Good Alignment

As a neutral cleric, Anomen gains access to the third level spell Unholy Blight and the seventh level spell Unholy Word. If Anomen gets these spells added to his spellbook before his alignment changes to good, these spells remain available in his spellbook. Good-aligned clerics should not have access to these spells, and they're now removed when his alignment changes.

I don't know if anything needs to be done with Viconia in this matter - when she changes alignment from evil to neutral, she should still be allowed access to the "evil" versions of spells (Unholy Blight/Unholy Word) that she has and she should gain the "good" versions of spells (Holy Smite/Holy Word) upon her next level-up automatically if she doesn't do so sooner.

Edited by Mike1072

Thanks for pointing Anomen's profs out; likely change would simply be to assign two stars elsewhere (he starts at 2-2-2 mace/sling/spear), then does cleric hammer/swordshield 1-1, then does quarterstaff 1, then can be club or flail or popular vote.

We won't in any case raise any of Anomen's proficiencies above 2 stars or alter or reduce his default valid proficiencies--he shouldn't suck as much as he does by default, but we will not dramatically over-empower him this long after the fact; this is why spears was chosen: he mentions using spears early on as a squire in dialogue, and there's no feasible way to give him all the stars he's missing without totally changing his balance.

Nothing will be done for Viconia's spells (as BigRob says, they sort themselves out in the game); the problem with Anomen was that the engine never removes spells when they become invalid (it will add them when they do become valid, but it doesn't care once they're added).

Edited by devSin
there's nothing that really indicates Mazzy's proficiencies are a bug. The NPCs break all sorts of rules that PCs have to follow, and the maximum-of-two-stars-in-a-weapon-at-level-one rule isn't even enforced in BG2 character generation.

profsmax.2da says 2 stars should be max, so character generation thing is just engine bug. It could be related with Mazzy being Paladin of Arvoreen (her other abilities certainly are), but it could also be just plain old bug. I guess we have to agree to disagree. :)

when she changes alignment from evil to neutral, (...) she should gain the "good" versions of spells (Holy Smite/Holy Word) upon her next level-up automatically if she doesn't do so sooner.

Thanks for clarifying, I never had her long enough in my team, so I wasn't sure if this was the case. So game developers made one cleric change his spellbook correctly and not the other? :hm:

edit:

engine (...) will add them when they do become valid, but it doesn't care once they're added

I see. Thanks for explanation.

Creatures "summoned" with spell Call woodland beings and any Horn of Valhalla are treated as summoned, but they actually come through gate. So shouldn't they be considered gated instead?

Edited by Legion

I just installed V8 of the Fixpack, as I'm trying to get some exact specifics on behavior in a patched/Fickpacked game, and noticed a rather glaring error in the Bard Song Fixes. Short version, apparently the Blade and default Bard essentially sing each other's Songs. I haven't checked the Jester & Skald yet.

Long version: KITLIST.2DA says that Blades use CLABBA02, leaving CLABBA01 unclaimed, presumably for the unkitted Bard.

CLABBA01.2DA (Bards) includes nothing but AP_FJBARD, which changes Bard Song Effect to FJBARDA. FJBARDA.SPL does nothing but protect its recipients from Fear and Morale Failure. NO other Extended Headers are present, Bards sing this Song no matter their level.

CLABBA02.2DA (Blades) includes, among many other commands, AP_FJBLADE, which changes Bard Song Effect to FJBARDB. FJBARDB.SPL has the same Fear immunities as FJBARDA, plus a +1 Luck bonus. At caster level 15, the Luck modifier increases to +2, and then to +3 at Level 20.

The "Bard Song does not improve with levels" has been removed as a penalty from the Blade's Kit Description, so it was likely your intention to make the halved Lore and Pick Pockets scores the Blade's only disadvantages. But I strongly doubt you meant to cripple the vanilla Bard.

[ADD] SoA+ToB, Official Patch, Fixpack v8, nothing else. [/ADD]

Edited by SixOfSpades
  • Nyalee's ritual would (uncommonly) fail to remove Yaga-Shura's invincibility, so the game could not be finished - Cam: can not replicate

I've just run into this one. I can provide savegames if that would be helpful.

edit: It was the second time through the conversation, so I was hitting ENTER like crazy to skip through it. I've heard that that tends to cause problems.

Edited by hangfire

Nothing but fixpack installed. I discovered what appears to be 2 bugs:

- Azuredge doesn't inflict it's listed +4 damage to undead (tested on a vampire). Spotted in Near Infinity; the effect supposedly granting this damage (unddam4.eff) doesn't exist. Also Azuredge's description doesn't list it's +3 dmg and +3 to hit. Just a cosmetic bug but still.

- Roger the fence from sewers under temple district can be asked about Denis' gong after the quest has been completed even if you asked him before. Puts entry in your journal again.