BG2 Tweaks v11 Now Available

CamDawg

The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 11 is mainly a series of bug fixes for the previous version.

v11 Changelog:

• Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2 will now be suppressed if the same component from BGT Tweaks is installed
  • Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas were using a blank icon for the ability to change into two-handed swords
  • Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas will now set appropriate tooltips for their items
  • Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor was causing 100% miscast on all items due to a typo
  • Alter Weapon Proficiency System had a couple of bugs. The Rebalanced option was not updating item descriptions for scimitars, wakizashis, and ninja-tos while the two BG options would not install due to a removed library
  • Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks was not installing due to a really dumb typo
  • Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage really should work for BGT and BGEE games. Really this time. Honest.
  • Tsu-O-Shi no longer has a double unusable block in its description in BGEE
  • Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields now works on BGEE
  • The NWN-style option of Higher HP on Level Up was actually setting HP in the lower, instead of higher, half of the range
  • Ioun stones from the Exotic Item Pack will no longer protect from critical hits if the relevant TobEx component is installed
  • Updated Russian translation (thanks prowler)

Hello,

I have a Mac 10.6.8

When I open "setup-bg2_tweaks.command" I get the following error:

Le fichier « setup-bg2_tweaks.command » n’a pas pu être exécuté car vous ne disposez pas des privilèges d’accès nécessaires.

which roughly means that the file could not be executed because I don't have the necessary access privileges. This is strange because I'm logged as the Admin account of that iMac.

Can anyone help?

Could it be that the problem is that I have on the computer both: BGEE and a legacy version of BG... Perhaps it's trying to install into BG (which is BG1 only and the BG2 tweak won't work with it...)

You can have several installations at once so that shouldn't be a problem. In the terminal (used by command-files) you do not get any admin rights by default. Try running "sudo ./setup-bg2_tweaks" in the terminal instead as that gives you admin-rights during the installation.

I would suggest having a look at this post as it will help you how to install mods.

I've accidently installed one of the convenience components I didn't really want and now I can't uninstall it in any way.

I simply get a couple of error messages and then the installer just shuts down itself after a brief pause.

Screenshot attached.

Any help on the matter?

Should I provide the debug file as well?

post-6545-0-93144600-1366622250_thumb.jpg

Archived