Found what caused the BG1 walking speeds that conflicted with Monty's and Khalids kit mods

Xezmeraude

I thought id post this into the Tweak pack forum as well for people to find it easier.

I found out where the issue was and found out it was loctaed within the BG2 Tweak pack. From what it looks like since the tweak pack both houses the BG1 walking speed and Change Montaron to an Assassin and Khalid to a Fighter/Mage components, what it looks like is when installing those components, the kit changes seem to overwrite over the installed walking speed part of it rather than just installing over it. Seems the kit change components dont check if the walking speeds were installed after changing thier kits but instead overwrite it. It was obviously an oversight missed out that may need to be corrected so that when using the tweak pack, the kits wont overwrite and will check for the walking speeds is already installed and wont look to change it on them. I hope this clears up any conflict between the two components when installed as I listed above.

I think it has to do with the .cre files not recognizing if installing the kits onto Monty and Khalid, it does read if the BG1 walking speeds were installed and overwrites the .cre file with the kits having the BG2 walking speeds on them. It just needs to have a check for when installing, it wont overwrite over and will skip patching the BG2 speed if BG1 walking speed is installed.

I tried it that way too and they still walked at BG2 speeds. Even with the NPC Kitpack before the tweaks, it still overwritten the walking speeds. Of course the walking speeds is still in BETA mode. But I always figured the NPC Kitpack is supposed to be installed after all tweaks are put in place. Guess it doesnt check for the .cre files if the kitpack is installed even if you install the tweak part of it after.

Just incase. Check to be sure no other Joinable NPCs have this issue. Far as I seen it was just Montaron and Khalid with their kits. I miss having Montaron be an Assassin. Im sure if the kits existed then. He wouldve been our fabled Assassin joinable which I never seen one in all the series. Makes for a more kitwise experience.

Speaking of Kits. Is it possible to make a mod that will allow us to select the Kits from the Kitpack like in Song and Silence and the Holy Liberator in Oversight etc without having to edit anything? I always wondered about having a mod like that to just allow us to select a Deathbringer KIt or even be a Red Wizard etc. Is this possible for a mod for both original and EE?

And one more thing. Sounds interesting to add if you want to look into it. Is it possible to make the interface of EE also be in the older BG as we dont have BG2 EE yet. I had a thought fo making the old one have a EE feel to it by making the interface more like the character sheet like of EE giving us our total bonuses for each stat and whats giving us our bonuses. I dont think its possible anyways. But sounds like an idea for those who dont have or wont get EE. also would be nice to have Dorn, Rassad and Neera in the original versions for kicks too. That way no one is missing out on a EE version and also being able to have an early BG2 EE experience :) Think this is possible Cam? I got the feeling it may not due to being two completely different versions of games. but wonder if the coding can be changed to reflect the older style.

Speaking of Kits. Is it possible to make a mod that will allow us to select the Kits from the Kitpack like in Song and Silence and the Holy Liberator in Oversight etc without having to edit anything? I always wondered about having a mod like that to just allow us to select a Deathbringer KIt or even be a Red Wizard etc.
Look at the Level 1 NPCs, during it's install, you get to define all the NPCs attributes(class, kit, proficiencies etc) if you use the individual NPC components.

Is this possible for a mod for ...d EE?
The same old song... not yet. But it works perfectly with BG2, EasyTutu, BGT(-weidu) and some selected mod NPCs, custom kits etc....
I tried it that way too and they still walked at BG2 speeds. Even with the NPC Kitpack before the tweaks, it still overwritten the walking speeds. Of course the walking speeds is still in BETA mode. But I always figured the NPC Kitpack is supposed to be installed after all tweaks are put in place. Guess it doesnt check for the .cre files if the kitpack is installed even if you install the tweak part of it after.

The kit changes in the NPC Kitpack are implemented differently from the class changes in the BG2 Tweak Pack. The two in the BG2 Tweak Pack (Khalid and Montaron) will overwrite the walking speed changes made to Khalid and Montaron if they are installed after the walking speed component. However, the components in the NPC Kitpack should be compatible with the walking speed changes regardless of install order.

Speaking of Kits. Is it possible to make a mod that will allow us to select the Kits from the Kitpack like in Song and Silence and the Holy Liberator in Oversight etc without having to edit anything? I always wondered about having a mod like that to just allow us to select a Deathbringer KIt or even be a Red Wizard etc.

Yes, this is possible and extremely easy for anyone to do. You have to change 1 line of text per kit that you want to make player selectable. Jarno's advice is not relevant for making them available to players.

Is this possible for a mod for both original and EE?

Yes.

And one more thing. Sounds interesting to add if you want to look into it. Is it possible to make the interface of EE also be in the older BG as we dont have BG2 EE yet. I had a thought fo making the old one have a EE feel to it by making the interface more like the character sheet like of EE giving us our total bonuses for each stat and whats giving us our bonuses. I dont think its possible anyways. But sounds like an idea for those who dont have or wont get EE. also would be nice to have Dorn, Rassad and Neera in the original versions for kicks too. That way no one is missing out on a EE version and also being able to have an early BG2 EE experience :) Think this is possible Cam? I got the feeling it may not due to being two completely different versions of games. but wonder if the coding can be changed to reflect the older style.

Changing the interface in that manner is not possible. It would probably be possible to port the new NPCs and other content to Tutu or BGT, but it would be equivalent to providing a pirated version of the game.

Archived