Item Revisions for BG:EE?

leania

Hello.

I'm waiting for the release of IR compatible with BG:EE now because I've really liked IR...

At least I want to apply the core components that modify each weapon/shield according to IR policies, e.g., Spears have 3 melee range, Halberds can be swapped from slashing to piercing and vise versa, etc., even if the item modification/revision in BG:EE does not be applied.

Are the core components of current IR available for BG:EE already?

I tried it out, and some of the global components couldn't be installed because they had game checks that didn't recognize BGEE and others referenced BG2-specific files.

I fixed that, though, so if you get the latest WeiDU beta from the first post here and download the work-in-progress IR files from here, you should be able to try out these components on BGEE and let us know if anything explodes.

For anyone curious about when/if Item Revisions will be "BGEE compatible", so that the main component revises the items found in BG1, this will feature in the next version of the mod along with Tutu and (better) BGT support. However, right now Demivrgvs is a little swamped, and we have a deal to figure out about how to achieve better compatibility with 1PP v4, so it may be some time before the next version of the mod is ready.

I met ERROR messages as below, when I tried to install "Weapon Changes" Component with the newest Weidu.

ERROR: error loading [item_rev/debug/weapon_debug.log]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [AX1H19.ITM] -> [override/AX1H19.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "item_rev/debug/weapon_debug.log"))

ERROR Installing [Weapon Changes], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 63 files for [iTEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.

Uninstalled 63 files for [iTEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "item_rev/debug/weapon_debug.log")

I didn't override the newest hotfixes... Did it cause the problem? And I attached weidu.log.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Potion Revisions: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity and Speed Factor Penalties: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to send SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG file to e-mail if you need it.

Go to the item_rev/debug folder, create a new txt file there and rename it to weapon_debug.log. It should have been there - it is in the v1.13 hotfix anyway, - but for some reason must have been lost during the transition to github, because I can't see it present in the initial commit.

PS Nice catch, btw, you've just found a minor bug in BGEE - the description of AX1H19.ITM doesn't fully match it's properties :)

Which reminds me, I was going to run a full scale description match check on BGEE's items.

To me there'll be no BGEE before there's a working version of most essentiel mods I use: among those the Revision series. They are crucial to me to have a good game.

Thanks to all involved in making progress with the Revision mods.

Go to the item_rev/debug folder, create a new txt file there and rename it to weapon_debug.log. It should have been there - it is in the v1.13 hotfix anyway, - but for some reason must have been lost during the transition to github, because I can't see it present in the initial commit.

That was my fault. But really, we should just create the file at install-time.

Wow, it seems to work fine!

Cool. Let us know if you run into any problems or oddities, or come back later and tell us everything's perfect.

I found a little issues though I've just started BG:EE with several mods including IR/SR.

1. Thieves can wear helmets and any armors except heavy armors.

2. Thieves can use any arcane spell scrolls.

I don't know which mod cause the problem. What I installed are as below:

I guess that the problem 1 might be occurred due to the component of IR, "Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V3 Beta 1.13". Right?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Armors for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.01

~SETUP-BGEEW.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Weapons Pack for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.01

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Update default Helm kit? (BG:EE)

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update default Lathander kit? (BG:EE)

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Update default Talos kit? (BG:EE)

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Mystra

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kelemvor

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Tempus

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Selune

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Shar

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Auril

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Cyric

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Technician

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Shadowstalker

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Scout

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Hivemaster

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Shadow Druid

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Dervish

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Slingmaster

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Stalwart

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #21 // Flametouched

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #22 // Frostwielder

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #24 // Improved Wizard Slayer? (BG:EE)

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #25 // Mindwarden

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #26 // Purple Dragon Knight

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #27 // Flagellant

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #28 // Catholicon

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #29 // Convert Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar?

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #30 // Convert Branwen to a Battleguard of Tempus?

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #31 // Convert Tiax to a Strifebringer of Cyric?

~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #32 // Convert Faldorn to a Shadow Druid?

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1 (Hotfix 01)

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3.1 (Hotfix 01)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Potion Revisions: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity and Speed Factor Penalties: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1091 // Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Divine Spellcasters -> Clerics and Druids: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V3 Beta 1.13

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2295 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Cleric Spell Table: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v11

Additionally, several items in TeamBG's Armor/Weapon Pack seem not to apply IR global changes, though I'm not sure about it.

For example, the two-handed sword, Warblade of the North has 2D8+2 damage instead of 2D6+2 damage, and the plate mail armor, Elemental Plate Mail Armor, is wearable by Thieves. Furthermore, Druids can not wear WyvernPlate Mail, I think these are just the problems of each mod themselves though.

If that's us, then I know nothing of it. Which items specifically, just few examples?

Off-hands, try to --change-log the CHAN01.ITM (Chainmail) and SCRL68.ITM (Burning Hands) - since you say any.

For example, the two-handed sword, Warblade of the North has 2D8+2 damage instead of 2D6+2 damage
The Weapon Changes component changes 1d10 two-handed swords to 2d6, and in order to distinguish formerly unique 2d6 specimens increases their damage to 2d8.

and the plate mail armor, Elemental Plate Mail Armor, is wearable by Thieves.
Not sure if that's us.

Furthermore, Druids can not wear WyvernPlate Mail
It is quite possible that I have no data on this mod - the IR's armor list is two years old. Will investigate.

PS

That was my fault. But really, we should just create the file at install-time.
Well, I did hold back an urge to point a finger and cry out I haven't done nothing, it was all him :D

Fine with install-time too.

If that's us, then I know nothing of it. Which items specifically, just few examples?

Off-hands, try to --change-log the CHAN01.ITM (Chainmail) and SCRL68.ITM (Burning Hands) - since you say any.

Actually, all of the helmets was wearable by Thieves (I tested it Imoen) and all of scrolls sold by Thalantyr were usable by Thieves regardless of the spell level.

Archived