Item Revisions for BG:EE?

leania

It's been a looong time (2 months without logging in), but I'm back. I don't have nearly as much time as I once had, but now that I fixed my RL problems I was thinking it was a real pity to have completely abandoned these forums.

I cannot promise anything but I'll try to catch up and see if I can do something (hoping Arda and Mike did not go rogue like me in the meanwhile).

Demi... Don't make me hope that they'll fire you... :D
LOL. Actually I'm a little in apprehension because I should start a new job soon. :D (finger crossed)

Regarding IR for BGEE I think Mike and Arda did something about it while I was away, but soon enough I'll be on it full time. ;)

With KR finally moving its first steps I should be able to take a look again at IR and finish that infamous V3.1 which is hanging around for a year. This mod deserves a new damn official release. :)

Let's go to the point, BGEE had the good idea to introduce a bunch of BG2 items into BG1 for underrepresented weapon types (something we were going to do for the next version of IR), but unfortunately it also had the brilliant idea of introducing completely new items which I'll have to take into account.

Short story: this post lists every single new item out there, but I don't have BGEE right now and I cannot look at the actual files. I'll start taking a look there, but I might need some help (e.g. which items are truly new? which ones replace pre-existing files?) though I guess I have no alternative to get and install BGEE sooner rather than later. :(

I hope making 3.1 fully compatible with BG:EE is not a priority because it might delay a release since there are things worth debating about the "new" items.

I think it's best to try and wrap an official release (including the 1PP v4.1 stuff though) as a short-medium term goal, rather than working on compatibility with BG:EE (which, in all honesty, I bought - to show support to the developers - but never played for a number of reasons).

Archived