setup-widescreen stuck at [WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2"

NickDelios

Good evening,

After recently making a jump from Windows XP to Ubuntu 12.04, I decided to try my hand at installing a number of classic games via Wine. When attempting to run setup-widescreen on my Baldur's Gate 2 'Trilogy' installation, the terminal hangs at [WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2".

Here is the log from setup-widescreen.debug...

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG

WeiDU v 22900 Log

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\setup-widescreen.exe

version = 23100

Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!

WeiDU files in version order:

[setup-bgt.exe] version 23100

[setup-GUI.exe] version 23100

[setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100

[setup-widescreen.exe] version 22900

[setup-bgt.exe] loaded, 695296 bytes

Copying [setup-bgt.exe] -> [setup-widescreen.exe]: false

And here is the Terminal output from the start of the 'wine setup-widescreen.exe' attempt:

oswald@netbook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Black Isle/BGII - SoA$ wine setup-widescreen.exe

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\setup-widescreen.exe] WeiDU version 22900

fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen_s : pmode 0x01b6 ignored

{setup-bgtmusic.exe} Queried (pid = 108) version = 23100

Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!

WeiDU files in version order:

[setup-bgt.exe] version 23100

[setup-GUI.exe] version 23100

[setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100

[setup-widescreen.exe] version 22900

Copying [setup-bgt.exe] -> [setup-widescreen.exe]: fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen_s : pmode 0x01b6 ignored

false

oswald@netbook:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Black Isle/BGII - SoA$ [setup-bgt.exe] WeiDU version 23100

fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen_s : pmode 0x01b6 ignored

{setup-widescreen.exe} Queried (pid = 112)[WeiDU-Backup] WeiDU version 22900

[./CHITIN.KEY] 258 BIFFs, 48018 resources

[./dialog.tlk] 87259 string entries

[WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2"

The last line is where it seems to hang up. My apologies if this is a common situation that has been addressed before. I tried Googling for quite a while without yielding a functional answer so I decided to join the forums and join in.

Thank you,

Erik

Looks like it failed when trying to sync weidu versions. Disregard that, download weidu for linux and then you can manage mods without using wine.

Alternatively, you can amend this one instance with: cp setup-bgt.exe setup-widescreen.exe

Looks like it failed when trying to sync weidu versions. Disregard that, download weidu for linux and then you can manage mods without using wine.

Alternatively, you can amend this one instance with: cp setup-bgt.exe setup-widescreen.exe

Awesome - I'll try that later. For some reason I kept thinking that "by playing it in Wine, I should only manage the mods in Wine."

May slap myself in the face 'bout that thought. Heh.

Edit: cp'ing setup-bgt.exe over setup-widescreen.exe worked just fine. Thanks, Lynx!

Archived