Protection from Creature Type

Truman

I have used DLTCEP on more than one occassion, so i am somewhat familiar with what some of the options do if you make an item. I have recently come accross something that i don't know what it means. I was attempting to make a shield that had the ability to 'Protect the user from Evil'. I chose the 'Enhanced Staff of the Magi' from the Rolles mod (S#staf02) as a template. When i looked at the Equipping Effects it had 'Protection from Creature Type [100]' and it listed #7 in the IDS File which is apparently Gender.ids .

In the IDS Entry field, there is a 9, without any explanation as to what the 9 means. I am a little bit bewildered.

With a little more reading in the Equipping Effects there was 'Stat: AC vs. Creature Type Modifier [219]. This looked promising. The value in the IDS File field was an 8, which says that it means Align.IDS. This makes sense. It also listed a 3 in the IDS Entry field, again without any explantion as to what the 3 means.

My questions are, what does Gender have to do with anything and is it needed to create the shield? Also what do the numbers in the IDS Entry fields mean and how do i know what, if any, number to put there?

Well, you look at the IDS files, take for example the Gender.ids, the 3 is "SUMMONED_DEMON" in the creature files gender variable( 0x0275 ). ... the gender "SUMMONED_DEMON" should explain itself quite well.

The Align.ids'es 3 means the *_evil creatures, where the * is lawful, neutral or chaotic.

Thank you. I believed that there had to be a list somewhere. I have heard of the IESDP, but never had a reason to look it up. Thank you again.

Thank you. I believed that there had to be a list somewhere. I have heard of the IESDP, but never had a reason to look it up. Thank you again.
Well, the DLTCEP and NearInfinity can also show those up with the mod added content(as in the current table in usage), you just need to find the correct interface. The Near Infinity finds those easily if you just open the 2DA and IDS folders.

I'll edit this post for DLTCEP instructions if I ever remember to come back to it.

Archived